Found a Late 1700s Dandy Button with a Design on the Front!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a Late 1700's Dandy Button with a Design on the Front!

I finally found a flat button with a clear design on the front. It's a dandy button from the late 1700's. It measures about 1 1/4" in diameter and still has the shank on the back.The button's a little bent, but still in nice shape for being over 200 years old!

This is the third flat button I've found at this spot and definitely the nicest one so far. It was 8 inches down with a weak, but steady signal. One short ping ever time I ran the coil over the area. I guess it pays to dig those weaker signals!

Here's a few pics of the button:

dandy button front.JPGdandy button back.JPGdandy button front clean.JPGdandy button back clean.JPGdandy button with quarter.JPG

Upvote 13
Thanks guys! I know that most people here don't get too excited about flat buttons, but the really old ones are kind of neat. Since I probably dig at least 200 holes for every flat button I find, it's always a thrill when one shows up in the hole.

yeah that is a nice old button!, I love digging flat buttons

Beautiful dandy! Every time I go to the "hunted out" place, if I can leave with one flat button and an hour of exercise, I'm smiling! Thanks for sharing Tim!

I get excited about buttons !And that one is nice ! Congrats MR

Are kidding me big flat buttons with a design are awesome. ..You know most of them were hand done...
Nice save Tim...
George

For every 10 flat flat buttons I find, one has a design. That is a very nice design on your button.

For every 10 flat flat buttons I find, one has a design. That is a very nice design on your button.

Thanks! That statement makes me feel a lot better. I thought I was the only one with that sort of ratio! I've only found one other with any design at all. It had a very light basket weave design on the front. I've found about 15 flat buttons total, so I guess I'm doing okay.

Are kidding me big flat buttons with a design are awesome. ..You know most of them were hand done...
Nice save Tim...

Thank you! This button was definitely a save. I think I'm the only person left in this town who still hunts this spot! It's been hunted to death for a very long time, but it's still not hunted out!

Beautiful button that should be center of a nice display, Tim!

Thanks, Old Dude!

I do have one question for everyone. What the heck is that in the center of the button? Looks like a corn stalk to me, but that can't be it! Who the heck would want a corn stalk design for their button?

Wow..... that thing rocks. I have been lucky enough to be in some sites here in Tennessee that have yielded many flat buttons, but VERY few have designs and don't recall any that nice. Congrats.

Awesome button!

That is certainly a nice design on that one :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back