Found a 1892 IHP & Two small buttons Today.

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 1892 IHP today. I also found two small buttons. The buttons are some of the smallest buttons I ever found. I also found some other things I can't ID.

IMG_1221.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1217.jpeg
    IMG_1217.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1218.jpeg
    IMG_1218.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1227.jpeg
    IMG_1227.jpeg
    899.4 KB · Views: 22
Upvote 18
Well done getting the IH and the buttons.
Either off a cuff, woman's/child's clothing.
Thanks pepperj . Trying to read the marking on back of the button . I think I can see extra. But I can't make out what the other writing is.

Thanks pepperj . Trying to read the marking on back of the button . I think I can see extra. But I can't make out what the other writing is.
Extra colour

Nice buttons, congrats. I think it’s extra colour, with a “u”, so as I have been told that means British manufacture. There also appears to be a 4 leaf clover on either side between the words.

I found a 1892 IHP today. I also found two small buttons. The buttons are some of the smallest buttons I ever found. I also found some other things I can't ID.

View attachment 2164996
Which button back are we looking at in the last pic? Assuming it’s the dimpled one? Is there anything on the other one?

Last edited:
Which button back are we looking at in the last pic? Assuming it’s the dimpled one? Is there anything on the other one?
The button with the design & clover is the button that has extra colour on the back. Here is the back of the other button. It's in bad shape and I can't tell if there is a marking on the back.

Attachments

• IMG_1235.jpeg
    IMG_1235.jpeg
    501.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1230.jpeg
    IMG_1230.jpeg
    438.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1234.jpeg
    IMG_1234.jpeg
    427.5 KB · Views: 8
The button with the design & clover is the button that has extra colour on the back. Here is the back of the other button. It's in bad shape and I can't tell if there is a marking on the back.
Thanks. I think I can see something there, but could be my eyes playing tricks. Might try toothpicking the back gently to see if any words come out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back