• Nugget.JPG
    Nugget.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 684
Upvote 0
Shame on you, ;D
Cool find though,,,
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Good job, you got me too.
Was expecting that "find of a life time" that we ALL want, but enjoyed this too.
grizzly bare

:D :D I was hopiing for a good story but it is still a great find. Did you look at it with a magnifying glass? Is Ore or is it scrap metal of some sort or maybe some old coins? What the hec would they use the Coppper for anyway? HH

Cool find, good joke! lol

HH

Lonewolfe

I am no expert on nuggets, but it isn't scrap metal or coins. Just a huge chunk of copper. As far as being man made, who knows? It was found about ten miles from the Phelps Dodge Lavender Pit copper mine. One of the richest copper mines of all time. It is possible that the "Prospector" whose former home I am hunting, found some copper and smelted it into this nugget. Pretty cool though. I would to have loved to had a picture of my face when I first picked it up and couldn't tell it was copper. It is very heavy for it's size and the first thing that popped into my mind was "GOLD!!!!!!!!" :o because that is what I believe the prospector was mining in this area. My heart was racing and my hands were shaking! Then I rub it a bit and see the copper shining through.... man what a let down! :'(

Dand it all...I got so excited...

one of my eye's popped out before I got to the punch line. The other one was as big as a saucer...

I hope you DO find one soon... a gold nugget!

J

Nice copper chunk! Very cool hunting spot.

Here's something I invented and you may quote me if you're also nuts:

"It isn't what something is that counts--it's what we think it is that really matters."

by Zeb 8)

Are you sure that's not one of the prospectors petrified tur.....uh...uh....Baby Ruths ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back