Found 2 matching 2 piece flat buttons, looking for help with date and context please.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I seem to have found an area near my old house that contains relics from around the civil war period and maybe a little before or after.
If anyone can help ID these two pieces that would be amazing as I can't seem to find any information on the great wide web!

Each button is 23mm in width, they also have two small holes on the back which I assume is from the manufacturing process. I am also pretty sure they are gold guilt. One has been part way cleaned the other is how it was found. IMG_6377_ReSizeed.jpgIMG_6376_ReSized.jpg

Thank you so much for the information, very helpful in trying to pin down a time period this area was being used in!

Upvote 0
I don't think they are 1 piece, I have found many 1 piece lat buttons and these are totally different. The 2 holes in back must have been used in the manufacture process and if you look close on the cleaned one you'll notice where the two sides come together. If I am wrong then why a hollow middle and the two holes?
:dontknow:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back