Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my military days, my squadron did a lot of TDYs, if I did not deploy with them, they were sure to bring back a little something from that deployment for me. I do have a vast collection of rocks, some did bring me money. ;D I ran across this last night, and for the world of it I can not ID where it's from. Front & back posted...I'm thinking Turkey ??? Can you help?

;) RR

foreign money (3).jpg
foreign money 2 (2).jpg

LOL< was just going to PM CG on it being Bulgarian, well at least she was right with the "ian" portion of the answer. :)

River Rat, I did the same thing on TDY's, like so many, my last TDY with the miltary was to Saudi Arabia, so here are the coins and bill I came home with.

Don

Attachments

• funnymoney.jpg
    funnymoney.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 357
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
Crap PBK & Don! I just modified my link up top! LMAO... Nice ID...

My first thought was that country I cant pronounce yet alone spell, ah used to be part of Soviet Union and our forces have been there since after 911. Ah Uzbekhstan, anyway that was my first thought, but then I cheated and googled some of the words on the bill and went right to Bulgaria.

I don't think my Saudi money would have made it far on what is it, seeing how the bill is in English on the reverse side?????

Don

Upvote 0
Thanks, CG for trying to help. PBK has what we don't have...knowledge of everything. ;D

Now, PBK am I rich now? :D

I do have 2 more... one's a 25 the smaller one is a 3. Nice crispy, very well water marked or whatever you call it, sickle & hammer. The nicest thing it does not have that old money smell.

But, what I don't understand we never was deployed to Bulgaria. Unless picked up in another country??

Don, I have some from Saudi too.

Jim, thanks for the website.

;) RR

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back