Following a Bulldozer

Doug Mauck

Sep 7, 2004
Topeka, Kansas
There are about 4 acres of former residences that has recently been scraped free of brush and trees for some building project.? The last of the residences was torn down in the 1960's and the area became overgrown.? As soon as I saw the area, I knew I had to hunt it!? So far (and I'm not done yet) I've found a 1919D Mercury dime, a 1920 walking liberty half, a 1945 walking liberty half, an aluminum tag from Otis Dairy showing 1 Qt, and an amusement token that I first threw away as a flatwasher.? The token says "Property of the OK Vendor" on one side and "Loaned for Amusement Only" on the other side.? It's solid copper.? After I tossed it aside, I thought again and examined it more closely.? I'm glad I did!? I've never seen a token just like this one.? Needless to say, I'll be working that site for a while! I found no clad coins at all.

Attachments

• Finds .jpg
    Finds .jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 328
Upvote 0
great finds!! how trashy was the area? and if it was trashy how did you deal with the trashy signals?

Congrats on the finds ! Looks like you found a promising site. Keep us posted !

Huntin' 59er

Wow those are some Nice coins. Keep us updated on what else you pull out off there.

Keep it up

Deadshot

What a SWEET group of finds . I saw a D8 CAT pushing mud that was about 3 feet deep the other day and could not help but think that that operator was in hog heaven . Well I'd have to say holding that group in your hand has to be right next door to hog heaven . LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY

Awesome finds!! WTG!! Im sure theres more,good luck with the rest.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back