FMDAC Convention 14th, 15th, and 16th Panama Fla.

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
This is from the FMDAC Convention held in Panama City, Florida this past weekend. Had a Blast to say the least. I won the very first Raffle at the hunt and it was a 4 oz Silver Round. Found a token for another 1 oz Silver Round also won a door prize for a second 1 oz Silver round. Found 8 Mercury Dimes and a total of 59 Silver Roosevelt Dimes. This is the first time I have attended any type of hunt. There were a lot of other people that did better than me. I held my own and still did better than some of the seasoned veterans. Really had a great time and met a lot of good people...Hope to do it again...

Attachments

• Picture 060.jpg
    Picture 060.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 460
Upvote 0
South, looks like you did real well for your 1st time! 8) Glad to see you enjoyed yourself and got to meet some great people. I go to a lot of hunts for the fun and enjoyment-I just considr it a part of the overall package of MDing along with old home sites, ghost towns, etc.
Congrats and HH. stoney56

WoW!

Looks like a fun time!

HH

Lonewolfe

Stoney got me interested in club hunts and that's how we met, at a big one held here just a few miles from my home. I had hoped to attend one near Dallas this fall but it came along the same time as primitive firearms hunting season and I already had plans made. I didn't do too well my first time out but I really didn't have the right equipment. You need a detector that is light and fast or you have to be extremely agile to make a haul and I am not equiped with either asset unfortunately. But, the comraderie and what you learn at these hunts are as important as your finds. I started out using my Garrett GTI 2500 and found it was extremely accurate at locating the prize tokens but it is too heavy and slow to really compete. Next time I am taking my ACE 250. You don't need an expensive, sophisticated machine, rather something lite and accurate at pinpointing. You did extemely well southaclacky for the first time out. I didn't do near that good my first time out. What kind of detector are you using?

ART, You Did Very Well At This One, Congrats. trk5capt.

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 054.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 054.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 309
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 054.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 054.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 314
With the hunts, do you find all the silver dimes, or do you win them....i've never been to a hunt...

-GC

goldencoin said:
With the hunts, do you find all the silver dimes, or do you win them....i've never been to a hunt...

-GC

The dimes are seeded before the hunt. There were about 5000 dimes for that hunt. That's where part of the entry fees go. Thanks.

You found a collection all in one day! Wow! That was a great hunt!

Nana ;)

Nice job Art! Great silver collection. Tsgman

hey great finds, planted finds that is, I thought the FMDAC convention was in Niagra Falls. I didn't know
they had another convention. I"m a member of the Black Swamp Metal Detecting Club and the
Silver Seekers.

Maybe some of you guys that like to hunt those kind of hunts would like to know about
Treasure Week in Ohio, July 8th through the 15th. If your interested send me an email and
i'll get the infomation to you.

HH Ringfinder

ringfinder said:
hey great finds, planted finds that is, I thought the FMDAC convention was in Niagra Falls. I didn't know
they had another convention. I"m a member of the Black Swamp Metal Detecting Club and the
Silver Seekers.

Maybe some of you guys that like to hunt those kind of hunts would like to know about
Treasure Week in Ohio, July 8th through the 15th. If your interested send me an email and
i'll get the infomation to you.

HH Ringfinder
Hey Ringfinder , the convention was in Niagara Falls of May 5th, 6th, and 7th ...I think this post was from the fall FMDAC convention and those are some nice hunt finds and prizes....I attended the Convention and our Club was one of the host Clubs (Niagara Frontier Relic Hunters Assc) in this springs Hunt.....Good luck hunting in the future!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back