Flea market does not disappoint

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went late today to our fleamarket had to get some watches repaired and didn't get down until about 2:30. It was very hot out and a lot of people are already starting to pack up. One lady had on her table a plate and I can't believe it was still sitting there this time of day. I don't know how much away **** I don't remember off the top of my head but it's made by Franklin mint it's called the cardinal.

image-1595003276.jpg

image-3331841490.jpg

I think they're either 6 or 8 ounces I really don't remember I will find out in a little bit though.

Wow! You are a magnet for good deals!

Even my jeweler was surprised it was still sitting there. He knows everybody in that flea markets out looking for silver and gold every single time they're open. The chances of finding something like that there at that time and they are pretty slim. I showed it to another cash for gold guy there and he offered me $40 for it. But it's going to sit on my counter in my room for a while.

Right now melt is $89. The refinery would pay 90% of that usually. You really need a lot of silver to make some money on it but I think I'm just going to save the stuff from now on for a while. Unless it's good jewelry.

what is the percentage on sterling?

Sterling silver consists of 925 parts per 1000 of silver content...
In other words... 92.5% silver.

This plate if sold for silver at 6.8 oz would have a value of $90.927 with a 5% spread.
As of todays close.

Last edited:
This is the understatement of the week! :) Nice finds!

It's the funnest game I've ever played! My jeweler told me to go find some treasures while he fixes my watch. I walked by it the first time and came back and got it on the way back. I saw the lady had two tables the first go by and she had a bunch of knives. All by the Franklin mint. I probably should have looked at the knives to but I was shocked I found the plate. I will check them out next week I'm sure they will be back.

Thank you for all the congrats and nice finds!!

The real question is.. Did you talk her down from $20!?

Nope. Gave her a $20 bill. I normally don't do that if I'm getting a good deal. The lady saw the price and said her husband would be right back. The last thing I need is for him to see his mistake. I gave her the $20 and split. No need to loose out, I've read stories of that on here, I believe with a sterling flatware set... I'd be sick to loose out on that for cheap. Although I saw one two weeks ago and it said make offer, said $800. She said no. $1400 was the lowest she'd go. Not spending that much though. Service for 10.

Last edited:
Thanks! Topped it off today with a 1963 Rosie in the coin machine at the grocery store.

Right now melt is $89. The refinery would pay 90% of that usually. You really need a lot of silver to make some money on it but I think I'm just going to save the stuff from now on for a while. Unless it's good jewelry.

Just a question, Beachkid.

Which refinery do you use when you send in silver?

Thanks,
Bill

Ara. In Texas. I have not sent anything in for probably three months now. I'm going to wait until I have enough for a down payment on the house. Or to go towards it anyways. They were kind of slow on their payment but I called and asked them why that was. And she told me that they were changing their system and their turnaround would be much quicker. So that's good to hear. But they paid 90% of scrap on silver and 98% on gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back