five dollar

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
couple months ago i bought a bounty hunter for five bucks at a yard sale,found a gold earring,and a few bucks in clad with it.today i took her out because i stayed home today since i have a bad cold.it was very good day i went to a place i have had permission to go to for a long time i was doing my thing and up comes an old truck with two dark skinned men in it,yea i was a little skittish but it was the one who said i could hunt there a few years ago but i could not tell which one it was because he had his twin with him,they were going fishing like before. i had already found a wheat penny before we got to talking and ended up giving it to keith or kevin not sure which one, they went on down to fish while i keep swinging.long story short,i got one of my favorite coins and sold ole 5 dollar for twenty five dollars today two one of them.we plan on doing some hunting this year and im very happy as they grew up here and know alot about the area five dollar 001.JPGfive dollar 002.JPGfive dollar 003.JPGfive dollar 004.JPGfive dollar 005.JPG

Upvote 6
couple months ago i bought a bounty hunter for five bucks at a yard sale,found a gold earring,and a few bucks in clad with it.

Awesome. I got my Tracker IV for 30 bucks off of Craigslist. Then again, that's still 6 times what you paid!!

Isn't it great when they pay for themselves immediately?? I got another one with my profits, again from Craigslist at an insanely low price. I love it when people give away their stuff for almost nothing, especially when it's just what I'm looking for.

Nice finds BTW. Congrats.

Last edited:
Did you call in to work because you had a cold and then went searching...:laughing7: if so good
For you...nice merc...

yep, but it gets worse in the winter time park pirate.

You killed lady liberty!!! Careful diggin we have all do it great finds!!!!

good job, nice finds, the title reminds me of one time i went one place, and didn't end up finding jack's ****. yet and behold before i leave, in the woods, (after it rained the previous day) $10's was in a plastic baggy. Good day, forgot about that. Nice Merc

yes,i was digging alot of signals as this machine would not find gold unless there was know x's showing and all they way deep.i felt bad that i did that to the coin as i really like them,but i still got it.

it did not go thru what this one did thoughfried 001.JPG

yes,i was digging alot of signals as this machine would not find gold unless there was know x's showing and all they way deep.i felt bad that i did that to the coin as i really like them,but i still got it.

I once hit an 1838 Large Cent with the shovel, I was sad, but still happy that I ended up finding it in the first place!

yes there is alot to be said about getting your finds safely out of the ground,i knew this and still hit it,a 1838 large cent,that would of been hard to take but like you said it is yours now.just remember no matter how many you dig this could be the one.

Nice digs . Thanks for the pics

I thought the title meant like a five dollar coin (gold).

Looks like you got your money back in finds and then made it back a few times more when you sold it.

Looks like you may have nicked the Mercury dime. One of my hardest nicked coins was a walking liberty half. I was looking dead at it even when I scratched across it. Now I always pinpoint as well as I can and overshoot using my Lesche.

Nice Merc, they are always a welcome sight, no matter what condition.

i wish pointman,i have never found a gold coin.but it probally would not mean much to me unless it would make someone else happy.but i really like the mercury dime for some reason.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back