Fishing and MDing,Intro Post

T

TheBullShark

Ive been posting/lurking here for a few weeks now and at forums I always feel like Im butting into a conversation if I dont introduce myself...so,Hello Everyone.

Well there seems to be alot of Fishermen and Fisherwomen,and hunters in the MD'ing hobby,browsing all the MD boards(Im a member of other boards aswell) sometimes its like being at a fish/hunt forum...I guess its because we all have a love for being outdoors...Not to mention all those cool spots to MD that you find while out fishing or scouting the deerwoods or vice versa as the past 2 weeks MD'ing we found some really cool fishing spots.Ive been fishing my whole life and up until a couple years ago I was a deckhand on charter boats In Orange Beach,AL have also done a bit on the commercial end...but overall wasnt very pleased turning my hobby into a job and the only money I plan to make fishing in the future will be in tourneys only!

Now to MD'ing I am brand new to it,a buddy and I who I grew up with decided to get a couple MD's 2 weeks ago,we went with Tesoro Vaqueros as our beginner units and are very pleased with them atm...So far we havent found anything spectacular a handful of wheats,bullets(1900's for the most part ?) and few Patented items the oldest being 1911..We havent really hunted any great areas yet,and are mainly just hitting late 1800 and early 1900 houses,but you just wouldnt beleive the trash we are dealing with in some of these locations.Yesterday we started on a new house a buddy owns from this era and my friend found 4 wheats in one hole right off the bat,then for the next hour we were digging thick metal plates from about 2 ft,cant even GB in these areas so ouyr new thing will be to GB up the hill before we get there from now on we get hard hits all over these yards on full discrim so its ort of frustrating figuring out what to dig...I know we should dig everything but that means we would bascially be tilling up my friends lawn...Anyways its fun and we know we will find some good things there eventually...But we are having a blast with the new hobby.

Ill cut this off here and leave you with a few pics and greetings to all:

Last Spring with a small cobia,they should be showing up anyday now :)

IMG_0442.jpg

Me after a 36 hour charter:
OutcastDock.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Heres a little vid I made a couple months ago of my yellow lab "Millie",I got her after my previous black lab of 13 years "Lucky" crossed the bridge last spring...Millie has torn a ligament and is currently on house arrest.

Welcome.Do you know Buddy Long?He used to keep a charter boat down there.Glad to see the area getting back from the hurricane.Anyway,I'm sure those Vaquero's will produce for you guys.Post your finds.

warsawdaddy said:
Welcome.Do you know Buddy Long?He used to keep a charter boat down there.Glad to see the area getting back from the hurricane.Anyway,I'm sure those Vaquero's will produce for you guys.Post your finds.

Name sounds real familiar what boat did he run?

Hurricane Ivan was my last season in OB,I worked on a small boat(6 pack) last spring for a couple months but have been back doing lawn maintenance and landscaping,the other trade,for the past couple years...I still have offers to come work on boats but its a lifestyle in itself,plus all the cuts they are fixing to make on snapper are going to really hurt the industry.

But yes I rode over to perdido the other day to test out the vaquero in some dry sand and theres like twice as many highrise condos as there was 6 months ago ;D so it is recovering well,and since I have weekends generally off now, Im sure it will be filled up with gold rings for me to find,lol,wishful thinking anyways....

I will post our finds and yes that vaquero will DEFINATELY find some things :o

Welcome aboard. Yes, there are a lot of outdoor types here. Like you say, it all seems to flow together. Fishing, hunting, detecting....it's all fun. I can't run the video where I'm at, the site is locked out. I'll check it out later. I've lost both of my excelent retrievers. I ended up getting a full-grown Golden Retriever. The first time the shotgun went off, she headed for the truck. My son calls her my Golden Retreater. :D

Great pics!!!! I'll be going off the coast of Myrtle Beach this summer. I hope to catch a cobia....a big one!!!

Welcome to the mugs, BullShark.

DM

Just wanna welcome you aboard. You're gonna love MDing as much as you love fishing. Looking forward to pics & posts of your finds. Millie looks like she's having a blast...thanks for sharing that video with us. ;D

;) RR

Nice to meet ya, Bullshark. :)

I loved the video of Millie...and the pictures at the end of the video. I especially like the one where she carrying around the swan planter. It cracked me up! :D

Don't worry about joining in any conversations. The more the merrier! Good luck! 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back