Fisher Listened to their customers!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• New Fishers 1.jpg
    New Fishers 1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 521
Got a question for ya if I may. What became of the 15" DD coil for the Tek and F series rigs? See some sites noting that it won't work on the F70. Haven't seen any results from users to date on how they've done with it on F-series rigs.

Any info?

woof! said:
T2 coils work only with T2, and zero zip not at all with anything else.

F75 and F70 are coil-compatible.

--Dave J.
My bad, lack of clarity perhaps. I was asking if there were any good user reports on the 15" DD coil.

There is one being sold as compatible with the F70/F75 on some sites, as only compatible with the F75 on other sites. I am aware that other standard coils are compatible with both models.

I'll check in on the TEK site for info on user reports for that update.

It gets great depth. In some cases the shear size of the coil makes it hard to swing. I'll try to find the post of some guys talking about it for you.

stoopstroop said:
It gets great depth. In some cases the shear size of the coil makes it hard to swing. I'll try to find the post of some guys talking about it for you.

Any users have it on an F70?

Just the coil options.

Now if they just built the F series with the same quality the old Fishers had. The new Fishers feel like crappy toys to me.

When you go for lightweight they do seem light compared to older metal machines. You would be surprised how tough they are!! I dropped my F75 off my truck bed on to asphalt. only scratches.

stoopstroop said:
When you go for lightweight they do seem light compared to older metal machines. You would be surprised how tough they are!! I dropped my F75 off my truck bed on to asphalt. only scratches.

Gotta agree, being old school clumsy I thought I'd surely have damaged my delicate F70, if not destroyed it altogether by now. Apparently it's not so delicate as it seems.

Is there much to gain by going to the 11" DD vs. the 10" concentric? I seldom use the 10" anymore since buying a 5" DD, and I like the DD so much I'm considering getting an 11".

Coinstriking Michigan said:
Now if they just built the F series with the same quality the old Fishers had. The new Fishers feel like crappy toys to me.

Look at those guns! :o. I would think any unit feels like a toy! Lol ;D

Thanks. I'm familiar with the difference between the DD and concentric coils but I'm really looking for is someone who has both or all three (11" DD, 10", 5" DD) and can give their opinion on the benefits of each. Is the 11" DD significantly better than the 10" concentric considering I already have the 5" DD? My main interests are coin and dry sand freshwater beach hunting.

you have to remember who makes them now. Fisher, Teknetics and Bounty Hunter are all made my First Texas and the longer they own them, the more they all look the same. it's just a matter of time before they all are using interchangeable parts. JMO

I would rather have the concentric. So much easier to pinpoint.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back