fisher F2 V.s garret ace 150

Fisher F2 hands down!

What are the advantages of the F2

1) More stable
2) Numerical display
3) NO BELL TONES!

I would argue that a much higher percentage of people that have owned/used the F2 and any Ace series (150,250 or 350) would prefer the F2. Most feel it just works better!

I have an F2 and love it. However, I have not used an Ace series so I can't honestly tell you the differences...
One thing I do know is that I love the numerical display on the F2. I think that gives it an edge above the rest in the same price range.

I have a Teknetics Delta 4000, which is somewhat like the Fisher F2 - they're made by the same company, the display is similar and the feature set is comparable.

I've been extremely happy with it to date. It's extremely sensitive; so much so that I usually run it on the minimum sensitivity unless I'm out away from powerlines and other sources of EMI. My deepest find to date has been a 1919 wheat penny at 8".

I have owned a Garrett Ace 250 and have used a Fisher F2. After using the F2 I decided to sell the Ace 250 and buy the F2. If I had the funds I would have kept the Ace 250 as a companion detector. What I really liked about using the F2 was the target ID system. The ACE 250 did a nice job detecting and probably just as good as the F2 but once you found something, I felt like the F2 gave better info with the numbering system as opposed to just a few bars on the Garrett.

EDIT: If I'm not mistaken the Ace 150 doesn't have a pinpointing feature. That would be another reason to choose the F2 over the 150. It's very helpful when learning the machine.

Last edited:
I felt like the F2 gave better info with the numbering system as opposed to just a few bars on the Garrett

Thanks everyone I will probably get the f2 sounds a lot better but another question is what does the number system do? what do they mean?

They make it easier to identify different metals from similar junk. There's a few good youtube videos that show it. Just look up fisher f2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back