First Weekend, New XLT, New Town

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Got out for a full weekend of hunting in Clovis, the first weekend hunting here with a working detector. Hit an old park in town for 3-4 hours each on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Pulled about 15 wheats, the oldest a '26, got 3 Mercury dimes and 4 silver Roosevelts, about $8 bucks in clad, found a $5 bill stuck in a tree, and eyeballed a nice heavy .925 bracelet. Gotta get a camera at some point, but nothing spectacular to show at this point. Happy Hunting!

Upvote 0
Very nice. Is the XLT living up to what it is said to be? How does it deal with Iron?

Keep em coming
Deadshot

The XLT handles iron quite well, I thought. You can hear the threshold drop out when passing over it, though I noticed to get really good, consistent depth, the best mode to run in is Jewelry/Beach with the tone ID. You get tons of signals that way, but you can read the machine easily with the display or just by listening. And talk about on the money ID'ing! If the machine said quarter, you were digging a quarter; there's no question if you run across a zinc penny, it's dead on each time. The only deviations I notice from this were if you had two zincs in the same hole, it would tone out as a copper penny, and a silver dime would register correctly before digging, but after it came out of the hole would jump between a copper penny and a clad quarter. All in all, I'd give in an A+!

I love my XLT their a great machine congrats on all the silver

Nice hunt! Save up that change and you will easily be able to buy a low end digital camera, we usually resize a lot when posting pics. My camera is a 3.2 megapixel and works just fine for most pictures near and far, just make sure you have a macro mode for close ups. Don't buy a real expensive just for posting, you can probably get a decent one for less than $150.00. My XLT works great here in Germany. HH, Mike

what is the main difference between the dfx and the xlt? whites make such a big deal over the dfx you would think that it was the best machine in the world! but then i hear so many people say good things about the xlt that its hard to ignore.

I've heard that about the DFX too, but haven't really done any research to see what makes it a better machine. Does anyone out there know?

Wow!!! Sounds like a great site, must not have ever been hit too hard to still have all of that in it...
Very nice, WTG!!!
Good luck & Happy hunting~

I'm hoping that's the case, but it seems like with as long as this park has been in use there should be a bit more silver kicking around out there. Then again, I really do need to spend more time fiddling with the detector to get it dialed in once I get there than detecting, I think. I just hop out of the truck, make the basic adjustments to sensitivity and volume and what-have-you, then start swinging! Little too much instant gratification. Maybe this weekend. ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back