First watch

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
Found my first watch today and it was running. Saw part of the band under some wood chips and pulled it out. It is a ladies Bulova Accutron. Found a horse charm and what looks like a copper lapel or tie pin with a globe stamped on it. Found a few coins, but nothing old.
In the picture above the charm is something I have no idea what it is. It is about the size of a pencil eraser and has a cap that screws off. The cap has a hard plastic cover with some kind of circut in it.
Inside is 2 very small batteries and it is very magnetic. Anyone care to guess.
KANSAS

Attachments

• june12_05.jpg
    june12_05.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 340
Upvote 0
yeah I know what it is. It is a blinker. My daughter has a few of them.They are a sort of l.e.d. that blinks different color lights. they are very bright for their size. the magnet on the back had another piece of metal that is is attracted to so you could wear it on your shirt or earlobe, etc . Hope that helps you out

Nice finds. I find those blinkers all the time after the local town carnival is over. Real nice watch as well.

GJ & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

A "Blinker"... LOL... I guess I haven't ever seen those. Thanks for the info, I thought I really had something !
KANSAS

Great finds!

Congrats!

Nana ;)

Hey Kansas,
congrats on the watch. Bulova watches are no slouch watch. If you use a metal sand scoop at any of your spots you can pull the magnet from that blinker and put on indside of scoop so that pins , needles, screws. tacks etc dont accidentally stick you
hh
dave+bobbie

Cool finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

Sweet, ground score !!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 167
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 179
Hey Neighbor...Nice watch! BTW, I been meanin' to tell you, your avatar is way cool!~CO2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back