First war nickle of the year

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to the beach today. When asked why I don't go somewhere else, the answer is two-fold:

1) I work in a 0 degree freezer. A warm sunny beach is the exact opposite of where I work.

2) Why go somewhere else if the place is still giving me something?

Kennedy half two days ago, silver Rosie yesterday, and a beat up 1943 nickel today. Hey, if I get one silver a day (wishful thinking!) and a buck in clad, I'm good. Maybe the next one will be a half-disme.

Also a toe ring. I think it is junk but haven't really checked it out.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting everyone. Enjoy the day.

-Jay

051215.jpgwarnickle.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 5
Thanks! I swear I know how to spell nickel. Not sure what happened there. Too much sun?

Cheers.

-Jay

Nice! Nothing like a touch of silver to brighten your day!

Don't worry about it, when I actually spell it right auto correct does me in any way! Lol!

Looks like a good hunt to me. Nice finds. :thumbsup:

Looks like you have an excellent hunting plan! WTG

:-X

Thank you for sharing your story and those pictures with us

I rely on autocorrect for " nickel " more than any other word on here lol. I can never remember which it is, and I used to be good at spelling:tongue3:

Nice war nickel and congrats on this years first, the kind of patina those war nickels get after being underground is strange, not as good as 90% but not like a regular nickel. I can't wait to see your second one for this year!

Thanks all for the kind words. Next week I am on vacation back to the family farm in Maine. 54 acres of virgin ground as I didn't get into metal detecting heavily until after I moved. I am hoping to start a daily diary while I am up there. Thanks to historic mapworks, I have located the two original farm houses that were on my mom's property. One of them burned down in 1850 and the other in the 1870s. My mother's house is the third farm on the property built in 1909. Fields, woods, rock walls, streams, apple orchards - It's all very exciting.

If need be, after I go through once, I'll just grab one of the tractors and plow.up.everything and start again!

-Jay

Hoping you find a few more on that beach. I work outside on dirty construction sites. The beach if there were any closer than 200 miles would be my choice of places to hunt also.

Nothing beats a walk down a warm sunny beach with head phones blocking out the rest of the world... Congrats on your finds, keep on hitting that beach she has been good to you for sure... :))))

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back