First try

IFoundIt911

Apr 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today, my 11 year old grandson was over and he brought his "National Geographic" branded metal detector that he got for Christmas. It was the detector's first time out. We started a sweep in the back yard and within a few minutes and about 10 feet ahead, we got a hit. Needless to say, he was thrilled and I was quite surprised , it being a toy detector. We dug and his face glowed as he pulled a spent .243 Winchester shell from about 5 inches deep. He then scanned the clump of soil we removed and sure enough another buzz produced a second shell of the same caliber. I'm going out there tomorrow with my detector.

Upvote 9
I’m surprised National Geographic has anything to do with detectors. They were an early “woke” organization that decried anyone who dug artifacts out of the ground. I remember an article in their magazine called “Who Owns The Past?” It was about people digging Indian artifacts on private property at the Slack Farm in KY. They were merciless in their condemnation of the common man digging anything for any reason.

IFoundIt Nice posting also WELCOME to TREASURENET `11

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back