First time!!

ShortBil

Aug 27, 2008
Champion Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Hi everyone, I have been lurking around here for a few months now and have learned alot from what I've read. Well today I went to our local club meeting and meet some great folks! I dont have a detector yet and want to get with some people who know what they are doing and pick there brains a bit. A few of the guys showed me what machines they use and let me swing a couple of them. I found my first coin! Just a Lincoln cent, but is still my first.They had a raffle the the guy that told me about the club won first pick, he got a walking half (1943) and handed it to me! Paul said to "its a start for your new hobby" (Thanks Paul!!) Then I had a ticket pulled and took a 1971 dollar. What a great start! All this and I dont even have a detector.......Yet!
Bil

Upvote 0
Sounds like you are on the right path....scored silver and didnt have to hunt for it... :thumbsup: sounds like you will be unstoppable once you get a detector....stick with the club and the friends you have made there....they will keep you on the right track....keep posting and letting us know what you find next....dont get discouraged if you start out slow...good things come to those who wait is true.....happy hunting and God bless

Welcome to the world of Treasure Hunting. Sounds like you had a great time. Luck in the hunt.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

ShortBil said:
.They had a raffle the the guy that told me about the club won first pick, he got a walking half (1943) and handed it to me! Paul said to "its a start for your new hobby" (Thanks Paul!!) Then I had a ticket pulled and took a 1971 dollar. What a great start! All this and I dont even have a detector.......Yet!
Bil

You know what they say- the first "hit" is always free- that's how they get you hooked!
Before you know it, you're a stooped and lonely figure, wandering through remote and dangerous places, searching endlessly for mysterious objects called "SLQ's", "LC's", "wheaties", " three ringers", and "Scovill buttons", none of which means anything to the sane portion of humanity
For the love of Pete, man, back away from the detector, back away while you can! :icon_jokercolor:

Just kidding. Welcome to the forum :D

Bring it on....But don't hunt over there...I already did....LOL....Welcome Home! jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back