First Time Out With My New Teknetics Delta 4000

SavageHunter

May 29, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Xterra 705, Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m a new member to the forum and I’ve had an old Micronta 4001 (Radio Shack) metal detector for many years. The Micronta was a very cheap metal detector, I think I remember paying something like $60 dollars for it and could never seem to find anything of value with it. I found lots of nails, bottle caps and pull tabs, but I could count on one hand the number of coins I’ve found with it over the years, so I could never get very enthusiastic about metal detecting.

Well, a few days ago I pulled the trigger on a new detector and bought the Teknetics Delta 4000. WOW! Was I impressed! As soon as I got it home, I made a quick sweep of my yard and found 1 quarter and 2 copper pennies. Today I got to take it to a nearby park for a quick sweep and within five minutes I found a 1971 half dollar. Within a few minutes more I found a small cache of coins, but I was only able to dig up a quarter and 2 zinc pennies when some thunder storms ran me off. Hopefully I will be able to return to the park tomorrow and finish collecting my treasure. Thanks Teknetics for a great machine and thanks to the forum for letting me share my experience.

My Finds So Far
My Cache_15.jpg

Last edited:
Actually Savage, that was a great beginning snagging that half! Good luck and keep swinging!

Great finds... and good job on the half dollar. I've been hunting since January and have found over 300 coins so far, but no half dollar.

Good for you, that Delta is a good machine...it will take a little time to master it,research helps find the good stuff... just have fun.
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back