Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had to hike 45 mins into the woods to get to this old abandoned home ruin. Date stone puts it at 1854. Got about 2 hours there and found two silvers, a crotal bell, a green bottle, and a small arrowhead fragment.

1925.jpg

1952-D
1952-D.jpg

I picked this up because I was told the key trait for arrowheads and points is the color. Under the light you can see knapping on the sharp edges, and it tapers, so I call it a point fragment. Score Indian artifact #3 for me :)
20141018_200633.jpg

20141018_200801.jpg

I looked into this bell. The stamping corresponds to the American Ring Company, which was in existence from about 1852 to 1882 and owned by a Major George W. Tucker. Bells with both patent dates are of later manufacture than those without or with only one date. According to the site, it's a "double throat" style with the two splits and was made of a flattened sheet of brass.
bell.jpg

Oh, did I mention I made it into the Garrett Searcher (again) with my button?

button.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 2
There is older stuff lurking in them thar woods! Nice finds, Nice pics too.....jgas

nice finds! I wouldn't say color has anything to do with indian artifacts but they did love using exotic materials, when they could. what you have there is the middle of a point made out of quartz crystal, no way of dating it without the bottom.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back