First successful with the EX II!!

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Well, me my bro, and his friend, went out to go to this house from the civil war period, My brother with the XLT his friend and my friend with the DFX and me with EX II, WELL, the first thing i found was somthing i had never found before, i got a good clear nickel signal at about 6' and i dug it, it took me a lil to find it but i found it, it was an 1906 "V" nickel, I KNEW this was a good site, my next dig was some trash and my next one was a 1935 buffolo nickel my next a 1941 wheat, my next a 1913 wheat, and that about all i found, and heres what my friend and my brother found Brother: 1905 IH 1906 IH 19?? Wheat, 1940s wheat, and my friend 1887 IH and 3 other wheats. and we all dug a LITTLE trash i can't wait to go back. HH CS

Upvote 0
Those older ones are out there, there's got to be more there. Try it after a soaking rain.

In response to Pete's post, how does wet soil effect a metel detector?

My experience is, that the wet soil gives better soil continuity/conductivity and you can get a little deeper, as opposed to dry soil that has air gaps and cracks. Best time is right after a rain, as long as it is not too muddy.
Butch

Great digs, Coinsaver! Congrats 8) Post a pic of that V if you would like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back