StevePa

Sep 6, 2012
Lancaster, PA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone,

I have been working an old farm site, home built around 1850 or so. Found a bunch of wheaties, a 1894 Indianhead and a 1951 Rosie. Hit a jumpy quarter signal on the Whites 6000 and pinpointed. Found a square nail in the hole and pinpointed again. Quarter signal just off the side of my original plug and bam a silver edge pops out at me.

I flipped it over and a beautiful 1924 Standing Liberty Quarter in great condition. No mint mark but a keeper none the less. Another item off the metal detecting bucket list and great addition to the collection.

IMG_0081.JPGIMG_0079.JPGIMG_0070.JPGIMG_0068.JPG

I broke my knife shortly after finding the SLQ but I didn't mind at all, lol.

It has been an amazing first year of metal detecting and it is amazing how much I learn each time out.

Keep on lookin,

Steven

Upvote 9
Awesome congrats!!!! HH

Nice,it has a good date also, Congrats.

Sweet find ! A beautiful coin too - nice full date , lot of detail - definitely on my detecting wish list as well !

nice quarter.... let's us know that good finds are still out there

1 casper2Z.JPG SLQ ONE OF MY FAVS WHEN THERE IN GOOD SHAPE

I haven't hit a Standing Liberty Quarter in a long time, Nice Find with Date.goldnugget

Great Steve, nice condition. Silver quarters have eluded me. I hope I find one that nice.

Wow, that one looks great! WTG on the keepers! :)

The detail is awesome! Congrats!

Nice going Steve. My first silver coin find was a SLQ, but unfortunately the date was completely worn off. Yours is a real beauty for such an early date.

:icon_thumright: Congrats.Awesome find.HH.

Wow...and Date to boot!....Great find man!...My first one was a smoothie...I actually found one last year that was a 1930...but not even the close to the shape thats in

Sweet find, very nice detail, makes for a beautiful coin, I like that Indian too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back