First South Beach Finds

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Since the beach I hunt in Hollywood, Fl. is undergoing a beach restoration, I figured I have to find a new spot to hunt until a couple hurricanes get it back to normal. The city is spending $15 million to replenish the beach. They're dredging sand from out in the ocean, adding about another 20 yards into the water appox. 6 ft high. Really sucks!! >:(

Got up early and headed 1/2 hr south to South Beach Miami. Figured it would be good down there. Heard lots of stories of good gold jewelry finds in the water, so I figured the wet sand may be good too!

Well it was high tide with tons of seaweed along the the water line and was a hassle to hunt that, so I figured I would try the dry sand, which I don't like to much cause of all the garbage. Saw 3 others tecting the dry also, but it's a large beach enough for all.

Got a lot of clad but no jewelry, which is what I really hunt for. Got so many penny hits, and got tired of digging holes up to 12" so I stopped diggin them.

Total for the 2hrs was: 15Q, 14D, 7N, and 17P for a total of $5.67

Saw a couple guys in the water about waist deep and was wondering what they were getting. When I got to my truck they were parked in front of me. I asked how they did, and the one guy pulled out a huge 10k Cuban link chain!

I gotta get a water detector. :P :D Saving for a Fisher CZ20 or Minelab Excalibur, hopefully by next spring, but I'm going to throw the hint around Christmas time to my family to help! LOL

That's all for now, thanks for looking

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?HH? 8) surfrat

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 376
Upvote 0
That pumped in sand sometimes contains nice little surprizes! The dredges suck sand off the bottom and sometimes other things come with it! It's the trucked in sand I really hate!

omnicognic said:
That pumped in sand sometimes contains nice little surprizes! The dredges suck sand off the bottom and sometimes other things come with it! It's the trucked in sand I really hate!
Omni, it's funny that you mentioned that. I was talkin to Float yesterday telling him about it and he said the same thing. I'm thinking of checking it out some morning when there not dredging. The only thing is that I wouldn't think that they're dredging from a reef, and that's probably were all the good loot would be, but on the other hand, I wouldn't want anyone damaging the reefs.

P.S. sounds like you and mighty mouse had a lot of fun huntin!! :D

HH 8) surfrat

Well Surf It sounds like a good hunt anyway. To bad you didnt get Low Tide. I thought that was thePlan But now that I see the Chart Low Tide was at 4:00 AM . I guess you didnt make it up at 3:30? ;D Talk later. Damn Two guys in the water? Boy thats some pressure on me. :D Later HH

Keep working those sands. That clad adds up and comes in handy for when I need quarters all the time.

HH Jer

Sounds like you came out okay to me, even if you didn't get any jewelry. It'll happen when you least expect it; at least that's what I keep telling myself!

vicki

Nice amount of clad there surfrat! Good luck with the rest,I look forward to hearing the rest.HH

Congrats on your finds surfrat!!!

You are now $5.67 closer to that new detector! ;)

I would think that anything on the bottom would get stirred up over the years and sand dredged to the beach could contain items originally lost some distance away. I'd say hunt it as soon as you can!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back