Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all,

well got out today briefly before the storm clouds rolled in, saw some fresh cut grass by my subdivision so had a feeling to check it out...about 20 mins into it, had a nice tone, dug it and about 4-5" down found this 1957 silver quarter, first silver find for me..yahoo...lol...a few feet away got another tone..dug it not as deep found another quarter...looked in worse condition than the 57 thought it might of been older after cleaning it a bit saw it wasa 1990..lol..well gonna hit a few places tommorrow...hope the pics come out..gregg

Attachments

• 1957.jpg
    1957.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 417
  • 57and90.jpg
    57and90.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 403
Upvote 0
sugarsand..yup sure will, still waiting on breaking into the older stuff here..!!pre 1900

Good deal!

hh

Lonewolfe

thanks guys...looking to going out tommorrow some more, and possibly getting a few people together on wednesday for a road trip somewhere..lol...HH..Gregg

Gotta love that first piece of silver! I had my first gold ring last week...isn't it a blast? Like you, I'm still waiting on that first pre-1900 find...good luck to you!

Batch

thanks...doing some internet searching tonight, might hit up a cpl places tommorrow with a little history to em!..gregg

ocalasix said:
thanks...doing some? internet searching tonight, might hit up a cpl places tommorrow with a little history to em!..gregg

yeah sure hit the old house up see if i care ;) .. go on now... :P maybe i'll hit that old house alone ::)
hey good job on the silver... i have not yet hit silver coin yet.. just my 3 GOLD rings.. :o
call you later Buddy after you get off work oh wait your not working today .... >:(

Morris
Ocala,fl 8)

Congratulations! Finding silver is a milestone in detecting. Just don't be disappointed if you don't find it every trip! My first was a 1923 Mercury Dime and I haven't found another one yet in the last 5 months! But when I look at or think about that dime it gives me incentive to keep looking, and I will hit it again one day. JIM

WTG, on your first silver coin. I have not found any silver coins yet, :'( but i will. I guess you have to hunt to find it, takes location research too I guess. Seems around here someone went around and collected all the silver coins.

Keep at it and HH!!

Attachments

• silverbars.jpg
    silverbars.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 231
  • silverbars.jpg
    silverbars.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 235
Way to Go. The newer they are the Crappier they look.Silver always comes out looking good unless its been in the salt water for a couple hundred years. LOL ;D HH

folks,

yeah ..hey morris call me later will be posting my boring finds from today from the sand pit and park..in another tpoic...gregg

well hope ot head up morris's way and hit his park, since the one i hit is over done by others each month..still find odds and ends there though..gregg

Congrats on the first silver ! I know it's a good feeling for you. Good Luck in the future !

Huntin' 59er

Way to go on your first silver. Maybe you can search over the area some more. When there's one there's usually more.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back