first silver

YosemiteSam

Jan 23, 2005
first silver and it was in the form of a ring! ;Dthat was my find from yesterday,along with ?4 clad dimes ,and over 10 pennies,along with mounds of garbage !(pull tabs ,and screw top malt liquor tops ,a dog chain etc)
today went up into the gold country hit a park and found another load of pull tabs ,twist tops etc,as well as a key,(P&F CORBIN NEW BRITAIN , CT. think its somewhat old?)with ?a serial # on back
some form of type from a printing press ,its made of lead and is only partially legible ,as well as an unknown copper object
anywho havin a ball with my prizm IV,wish Id a done this years ago! ;)
take care
Sam

Attachments

• IMAG0016.JPG
    IMAG0016.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 365
Upvote 0
Neat finds Y.Sam! Any idea what the typeset says? :You can press it into playdo or do a pencil rubbing and read it in a mirror. HH! looking forward to your next find.

Great looking ring. Congratulations on some interesting finds. Keep us posted.
BRD

Congratulations on the neat stuff.
I've got a Prism IV for Christmas but haven't had the chance to use it much because of the weather. I almost traded up for a pricier model but the local White's dealer said that this would be a great detector for me. How's it working for you?

Haupin

thank you all, for the inspiring compliments

haupin
I like the unit but I have nothing to comparee it with as Ive never detected before,so there are lingering doubts in my mind as to whether or not ,I should have bought a higher end unit
Im enjoying this very much so only time will tell
guess if Im still detecting inna year Ill buy that higher end unit
my thoughts for now are the 9.5 loop and the bigfoot coil ,as the old saying goes it cost just as much to customize your sportster as it does ,the full size hog!
see you all later!
Sam

The White's dealer was very convincing that this is a great detector. He had the chance to make more $$ on my upgrade so I stuck with the prism.

I'm planning on doing the same thing. I'm buying the 9.5 loop. and of course all the other goodies....pinpointer, probe,.... etc. etc. etc.....

if you found that all in the ground, you should go back and look for other pieces of that printing stamp, cause it really might be worth something

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back