First Silver Quarter and other

Volksman

Mar 9, 2014
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, White's TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a city park today where some tree stumps were recently pulled out and it was a big zero. Nothing but old cans and bottle caps so I headed over to a Catholic Church/School.

There is a fence around the playground and I searched on one side outside of the fence. It was a quick hunt as I was only there about an hour. But it was a productive hour.

I found this nice looking 1954 Quarter
image.jpgimage.jpg

This button
image.jpg
Sorry for the dark picture. Anyone recognize it?

A piece of rifle brass........
image.jpg
with a hole at the base........possible pipe?

I'm not sure about this piece. I tried to to lighten it up to get a better picture. It feels heavy like lead but seems to have a dividing line between the two halves. It's a half inch across.
image.jpg

Oh and then later at home I was planting some shrubs and dug up this buckle.
image.jpg
It's small, 1 1/8" x 5/8"

Thanks for looking!

Upvote 12
Congrats on your first silver quarter. It's a great feeling!!

Thanks! I can't wait to go back and check the rest of the grounds. The church and school have been there for over 100 years so it should have some more goodies.

Congrats on your first silver coin - in great shape too! :headbang: I recall last year getting really excited when huge old tree was totally uprooted by storm & erosion, then hurled partway down the embankment -- I expected it to unearth wonderful old relics or coins, but all I dug was junk like you did, lol. :dontknow: Andi

Nice quarter. Congrats.

Congrats on your first silver quarter, but I would be spending a lot of time looking around my house if I found that buckle.

Congrats on your silver quarter. It's in great shape. I too love the buckle you found at your house. Great finds.

I just love silver anything !!! I think the lead piece might be a "bale seal", it seems to be fitting from the description you gave.

Does the button have anything on the back? any kind of writing?

I'd bet the shell casing is pipe. One of those smoking funny things kind of pipe.

I agree with doninbrester about looking around were the buckle was found. You just know there has to be other old goodies around.

Congrats on your first silver quarter, but I would be spending a lot of time looking around my house if I found that buckle.

Some of my best finds have been at my house. I didn't even need my detector for his one.

Nice stuff. The lead looks like a seal to a utility box. Look to see if there is rust or rusty wire around one edge.

I just love silver anything !!! I think the lead piece might be a "bale seal", it seems to be fitting from the description you gave.

Does the button have anything on the back? any kind of writing?

I'd bet the shell casing is pipe. One of those smoking funny things kind of pipe.

I agree with doninbrester about looking around were the buckle was found. You just know there has to be other old goodies around.

It looks similar to the bale seal pictures I found online, although it's rather plain looking compared to to those.

The button is rusty on the back with no writing visible, only the loop for attaching it to clothing.

That kind of "Pipe" was the first thing thought when I saw the hole in the shell.

I'm continuously looking in my yard and finding things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back