First Silver Of The Year!

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
first weekend out in 2013 and I got lucky and hit some silver!

I was at a Pittsburgh park earlier today. A 2 hour window before I had to leave for dinner with the family seemed enough time to do some swinging. I left the Etrac and the V3i at home and went with the AT Pro due to the forecast.
The rain had stopped and the sun was out when I left home, but by the time I got to the park it was cold, rainy, and dark clouds filled the sky. I hit some clad and saw an old walking trail over a hill.
In a few minuteson the hill, I hit an old Bell telephone cover, a few rusted out bottle caps, and an old wheatie. Then I got a good signal in a muddy area on a flat spot halfway down the hill. BANG! a 1943 merc about 8" down in the mud. First silver! I was stoked! I bet it was lost when how many... countless people... went down that hill, lost their balance, fell or slid, and lost a coin or two(?)

I'll tell ya what... that AT Pro is like the AK47 of metal detectors. Anyone who is a gun collector or military knows the reputation of the AK47's toughness. I had the AT Pro in the pouring rain, packed the coil with mud and set it in the mud to dig, rolled it over the hill and into a creek (no headphones on, and had the headphones cap on the head unit), and banged it into countless rocks and trees, and it still kept firing! When I got home the AT Pro looked like it had been in a war. Field stripped it and cleaned it and it's now as shiny as a new penny!

Attachments

• 2013-03-31 1943 merc 1.jpg
    2013-03-31 1943 merc 1.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 2013-03-31 merc 2.jpg
    2013-03-31 merc 2.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back