First Silver Coin

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas
OK I did it I got my first silver coin today me and ocalasix hit a old house from the 1800's TONS of trash but I did pull out a 1920 Marc Dime :) and 2 Wheaties 1934 and 1953 ;) and a 1974 penny? ???
funny we stopped at the local store and got a 1970,1973 penny in change still working on my camera may just have to go buy another one. :-\ all and all we had a very good day until it got too hot to hunt ocalasix got some stuff too i am sure he well post pic soon...

Morris
Ocala,Fl 8)

Upvote 0
Silver is great,WTG!!!

Nice finds!

Get some pics??

HH

Lonewolfe

Congrats on that first silver coin ! It's a good feeling anytime you find silver. H H !

Huntin' 59er

morris,

way to go buddy, so for the late post but worked late again..lol..yeah it definitely was way hot!!..i will posting my finds tommorrow, after i take a pic to go with it...now ijust got to start finding gold rings to catch up with you..lol..gregg..again great job on the merc and think i didn't scan that area cause of that big pipe..lol..Gregg..HH..lets do it again soon!!

Thanks everyone!! sure is nice to find that first silver coin now to find that coin older thin this 1920 merc dime... pre-1900 is my goal now....? ;) mmm maybe that 1905 $20.00 GOLD Coin ... :o :o :o :D

Ocalasix..

it your turn where we going this weekend...? ;D

Morris
Ocala,Fl? 8)

morris,

ok will see if i can get us permission to do that old house , yard by here this weekend...camera was messing up so only downloaded a cpl pics so...not sure how they will turn out, so will be another day.Also went to that park had an itch to do some detecting, found a handful of clad at the play area, one 1990 pennie was like 4-5 inches deep..lol...also found what looks like to me is a old .22 cal bullet, just the actual bullet park with out the shell been fired about 6-7 " down on that trail , if i wasn't using my daughter sand sifter(toy) it would of just goetten dropped back in the hole..lol...calling on the sand scoop in the AM..Gregg..HH

Nice Find Morris. That silver is a thrill when it comes out. HH

Floater said:
Nice Find Morris. That silver is a thrill when it comes out. HH

Thank you yes it is a very big thrill for me one that has hunted a long time in the waters of east texas and never found a silver coin.. silver and gold rings,earings,bracelets even a gold coin in a nickels way back when.. my dad on the other hand is a long story the most people would think i would be lying about so i keep that to my salf Ocalasix well soon find out from my dad when he gets back to Florida... just to give you a Idea my dad and Mel Fisher was good friends for a long time.. see?? most people say what ever!! I cant wait until I see ocalasix face when he see's the pictures of my dad,me (just a kid at the time) and Mel Fisher....if anyone reads this that knew Mel Fisher my dads name is Richard (Dick) Coker feel free to email me..
I got to run.. laters...

Morris
Ocala,Fl 8)

morris,

so is your dad bringing me a present??..gold coin? throw it out in your yard, and act like i found it..lol...anyways give me a call tommorow on your lunch..Gregg

ocalasix said:
morris,

so is your dad bringing me a present??..gold coin? throw it out in your yard, and act like i found it..lol...anyways give me a call tommorow on your lunch..Gregg

gold coin? your just too funny.. but my dad can show you more info on treasure and stuff that would just blow you away.... :o :o :o :o

Morris!!! Sounds like you two had a really great time!!!! And nice finds too!!!

Congrats!!!!

;)

Nana40 said:
Morris!!! Sounds like? you two had a really great time!!!! And nice finds too!!!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Congrats!!!!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?;)

Yes we did we are all ready working on the next hunt this weekend... got kids and we both work you know how it is i am sure.....

Morris
Ocala,Fl 8)

Lady Britches said:
Congratulations on the silver, Morris.......and for finding a great huntin' buddy from this site.? ?;D? ?Sounds like you two are having a fantastic time......sure wish there were more TH'ers in my area....could use a buddy like that!!? WTG!!!

LB

Thank you I hope this is not the last silver Dime i find... still looking for my pre-1900 coin...

Morris
Ocala,Fl 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back