First Silver Coin and Its Not What I Expected!

ccales

Greenie
Apr 13, 2014
Minneapolis
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• image-469767482.jpg
    image-469767482.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 120
  • image-647582999.jpg
    image-647582999.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Upvote 10
That is freaking cool! That's what I love about this hobby, you never know what your digging up!

Congrats! !!!

Very cool silver coin! It must not have been on that necklace very long. It's in great shape!

that's pretty cool. looks like it maybe was once on a bracelet

Awesome! That sure is a different kind of silver find!

That is really nice.

Congratulations. That is a great first silver coin. It is way cooler than the 1964 Rosie that was my first.

Thanks for all the comments! I am back to detecting after many years off. I am new to the site and appreciate the positive feedback. Best of luck to everyone!

Great silver, I imagine 50% solid silver. :icon_scratch: I don't think its like our 90% silver, maybe 40%, 50% or 80%.. :dontknow:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Beautiful coin, too bad they put a hole in it. For use in Vietnam. According to a catalog, it is 40% silver and 60% copper.

Silver is silver, and it sure is purty :)

That is a very cool coin!!!

I did some research. The answers to content are actually on the coin. Titre translates to "content". In this case the silver content is .680. Poids translates to weight. As it says weight is 5.4 grams. I weighed it on a jewelry scale and it came up 5.3 grams. I'm guessing the difference is the material lost due to the hole.

The park that I found it in is frequented by Laotians. They play a game there called Tako. Like volley ball but they don't use their hands. My guess is it was worn as a pendant and was lost during play.

The coin is beautiful and it's a shame about the hole. However this is one of my best finds and I like that it has a story. It will be a permanent part of my collection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back