First real day of hunting

sgoss302

Tenderfoot
Mar 25, 2005
Trussville, AL
I able to get out today for my real first hunt with a new Ace250. I went to a local park with lake that has been draind about four feet for repares to a dam. I found a 1977 HOtwheels and several pennies. oldest 1969. Several knifes and a whole lot of cans and bottles. There were several old pepsi 10 oz class bottles. If beer caps were worth something I would be rich.

On the ace 250 beer caps show in the dime area of the display.

Upvote 0
Sgoss32, are you using the ACE250 in all metal mode? I use my ACE250 primarily in coin mode, and in coin mode, the machine pretty much completely discriminated out all bottlecaps and most pulltabs, while finding lotas of coins. Of course, by using it this way, you lessen your chance of finding small gold items, but you will save a lot of time by not digging the trash. It's a tradeoff. I started using it this way while I am learning the audio tones, and once I get the audio tones downpat, I'll be confident enough to switch to all metal and not dig so much trash. I think if you try to learn the machine this way, it'll make it a little less frustrating for you in the beginning, at least until you really know the machine and what it is telling you. Good luck!

sgoss302 said:
On the ace 250 beer caps show in the dime area of the display.

Yup, but a dime will give you that nice ding-ding, while the cap will (usually) give you just a blip. Likewise, whole cans will hit as a quarter, same effect. I did have a few of both that did give a "coin" tone vs a blip, but very, very few. Also, listen to your machine in regards to foil and pull tabs. The id has been dead on every time. Try jewelry mode, 4-5 bars sensitivity. Find a good foil signal, then bring the sensitivity down one more bar. This will help eliminate more trash while saving you from missing potential good stuff.

Hotwheels and matchbox cars: I swear the things breed under the dirt!

Have fun, and keep up the great finds!

I have been useing it relic and coin mode however I need do the reset mode thing and when I went into coin mode all notches appeared . I went through an unnothed pultabs and foil I have been using 3 to four bars but still get bleeps. I did thr down some coins and listened to the machine over them ;;; dingtheding dingtheding real fast. I am still trying to learn the sounds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back