PBrad

Greenie
Jan 7, 2016
Fort Hood, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife and I went out exploring today and found a few places to search. Our first stop was a nice little park off the beaten path but has outdoor concerts from time to time. The very first beep I got on my AT Pro ended up being a quarter, 1982. This is my first quarter find since I started MD'ing a few weeks ago.
12605495_10207146632576963_5233726889000257975_o.jpg

Afterwards, I found a few pennies. Nothing special. Lots of canslaw.

Our next site was much closer to home. Two dimes and several pennies. A whopping 50 cents in total for today, plus all the caps, a lighter, nerf dart, bouncy ball and trash. All in all it was a fun day spent out with my wife. Definitely going back to the second location next weekend.:hello2:

Upvote 19
Congrats, I remember how excited I was when I found my first quarter. I just found my first silver quarter yesterday which was equally as exciting, can't wait to see you post some silver!

Good deal man congrats!

A quarter here.. a dime there.. It all starts to add up!

The AT Pro is a great machine, I've been using mine for 3 years now and it loves brass, copper & silvers! :laughing7:

Keep at it Brad, the good finds will start to pop up before you know it! :thumbsup:

Dave

Congrats. I'm still seeking my first quarter. I know it'll come...

Jerry

Congrats, keep digging, nice you can do this with your wife.

You have good equipment. Find an old site and listen for the short, deep high tones and you will find the old stuff.

Congrats on your first quarter. Get to the older places & you will find the older coins. Pretty soon you will be finding Quarters from 1882.

Thanks for the comments! I have been scouting some older sites using historical references, maps and google earth. Once I get permission, I'm sure I'll find the good stuff. :thumbsup:

Nice job. The clad can add up, use it for gas, new machine, charity, vacations! You will notice a range of VDI's for quarters on the ATPro, depending on the age of the quarter, how much plating is left on it, how it is positioned under the soil, and depth, but they are usually between 84-90. This is the range for sterling rings too, so dig it all. Sub 8-)

One step at a time, that's a good start, I used the atpro for 2.5 years and loved it, get your coil over the goods and there will be no stopping ya

Your first you say,I'll guarantee it surely won't be your last...the goods cometh.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back