First Pre 20th

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
I was lucky enough to obtain the privilege of detecting on a new site. It's a shop owners old home that he no longer lives in. Ironically this morning the lady next door said to me "some people a while back did that for a few days. Your not going to find anything." I politely replied "ok, thanks." and went back to swinging my detector. I spoke with the gentleman when I first started detecting here and he told me that his home used to be used as an old post office, it was, at one time a train managers home and an old gas station. He told me it was built around 1900. So I was more than a little excited to have such an opportunity. These are just the first of what I do hope are many great finds. The first thing I found was a 1940 wheat along with a few other wheats of various dates all around 35 and 50. I hit upon a strong signal that rang out like it was shallow and most likely silver, but also like a large target, the fork, is silver with a ID on the reverse that says "Melody". Just a few inches away was a very strong almost aluminum foil type signal which I almost passed up. It turned out to be a very nice little makeup case that still opens and has a nice embossed marking. turning my attention over to what looked where an old fuel pump once stood I found my first pre 1900 coin and also my first Indian. It is a 1887. Wow, I couldn't believe it, it took my breath for a second. Thanks for checking this out.

Attachments

• P5030225.JPG
    P5030225.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 235
  • P5030218.JPG
    P5030218.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 228
  • P5030222.JPG
    P5030222.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 230
  • P5030224.JPG
    P5030224.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 223
Upvote 0
I CAN JUST IMAGINE WHAT YOU WERE SAYING TO YOURSELF AFTER YOU HUNTED THAT SPOT. GREAT FINDS AND GREAT STORY. HH

Nice assortment of finds. It seems like you always find something, even though people say it is "Hunted out" Strange looking key ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back