🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_9765.jpeg
One more hunt at recent old site. Targets getting sparse, but older. Any date range thoughts on the buckle (note the TA stamp) and I added a pic of some other coppers found here that are normal size compared to the new holed very large kg variety.

Attachments

• IMG_9752.jpeg
    IMG_9752.jpeg
    805 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_9762.jpeg
    IMG_9762.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9751.jpeg
    IMG_9751.jpeg
    959.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9748.jpeg
    IMG_9748.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9754.jpeg
    IMG_9754.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9766.jpeg
    IMG_9766.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
Upvote 31
View attachment 2165691One more hunt at recent old site. Targets getting sparse, but older. Any date range thoughts on the buckle (note the TA stamp) and I added a pic of some other coppers found here that are normal size compared to the new holed very large kg variety.
That's a nice shoe buckle! Congratulations on your finds.

Well done getting the buckle frame, and the LC.
I'm thinking it could be a William IV Penny instead of KG
Neat lead Stylus (the one that looks like a clock hand)

Thx for the ID on the copper! This is the second “lead stylus” from this site. I thought these were very basic needles, what would a stylus be used for?

I don't recall seeing many 1 penny British coins posted. Halfpennies, yes, but not the bigger ones. The buckle frame looks like it is from the late 1700s. Big and showy. That is one old site! I'd love to get at a site like that!

What a sweet shoe buckle! Whole fancy one still on my bucket list. Have a very plain one that's smooshed flat.

Nice shoe buckle frame Thad. Technically not an "intact" shoe buckle since the chape is missing. It dates from around 1790 based on the pin terminals. The pin terminals on earlier knee and shoe buckles went all the way across the width of the frame. here are a couple examples of what I mean, an illustration from the Archaeological report from Fort Ligonier, and some actual French & Indian War Knee/Shoe buckles I recovered. The copper is weird, never saw one like it, but I'm sure it's not an 18th century King George.

Attachments

• Matching buckles back.jpg
    Matching buckles back.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Matching buckles front.jpg
    Matching buckles front.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Shoe Buckle.jpg
    Shoe Buckle.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 5
Nice shoe buckle frame Thad. Technically not an "intact" shoe buckle since the chape is missing. It dates from around 1790 based on the pin terminals. The pin terminals on earlier knee and shoe buckles went all the way across the width of the frame. here are a couple examples of what I mean, an illustration from the Archaeological report from Fort Ligonier, and some actual French & Indian War Knee/Shoe buckles I recovered. The copper is weird, never saw one like it, but I'm sure it's not an 18th century King George.
Thx for the info Steve!

View attachment 2165691One more hunt at recent old site. Targets getting sparse, but older. Any date range thoughts on the buckle (note the TA stamp) and I added a pic of some other coppers found here that are normal size compared to the new holed very large kg variety.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back