First Indian Head Penny

TORPEDOX

Aug 23, 2007
Payette Id.
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT
AA Battery told me I needed to post this coin I found in my yard.
It's his fault I caught this addiction. ;)
this is one of many coins his Garrett missed in my yard.
my wife,,(AA"S sister in law) say everybody here should feel free to give him as much crap about it as you can ;D

it was about a foot from my foundation down approx. 10"
it was in amazing shape, but I cleaned it before I took this picture, by dipping it in CLR for about 10 seconds, then rinsing it real good with cold water.
Actually I want to thank AA Battery for all his advice and help with getting me started on the right foot with this great hobby,,Thanks Frank :)

Attachments

• IMG_0208.JPG
    IMG_0208.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0209.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 363
Upvote 0
sorry about the picture quality, I'm still trying to figure out my new camera. the stupid instruction manual is as big as, War and Peace ??? >:(

Beautiful IH!!!!!!! I found my first one a few months ago. I wasn't in that good of condition, but it was an 1898. Gotta love those Indians!

Baldingboy

nice find....when i find my first indian head..ya all will hear me a screaming with joy.... lol

Great-looking Indian! Look in the camera manual's index for Macro. It's usu. a mode you can get with 1 quick button-push. Use a bright light on the coin from a slight angle and shoot with Flash Suppressed (usu. another 1-button setting).

Nice Indian Head coin!
For close ups use the Macro Setting on your camera.
Your close up pictures will turn out clearer.
HH

TORPEDOX said:
sorry about the picture quality, I'm still trying to figure out my new camera. the stupid instruction manual is as big as, War and Peace ??? >:(

Your hooked for sure now congrats. aa

KirkPA said:
Hmmmm, so AA bat-ree misses coins? ;) :D Maybe he saved it for you. Nice Injun Head!

Yeah that is what I did so BB could find his IH! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hey T that is one nice IH, I still haven't found one yet. :(

Congrats on your first IH and a pretty one indeed!

Way better than my first Indian I found a week or so ago. I turned my into....Hows the best way to discribe this a....Well I'll just say what it is. A lumpy, bumpy hunk of copper. It was really bad at start then I used CLR for x2 one min dips. woops!

Keep @ it and HH!!

AA is pretty awesome and he is right about posting that find. It is great finding that first IH. As a bonus your IH is in super shape. So far I have found about 7 and I have only been able to keep one of them. The others were far too corroded.

Super find and congrats on passing that milestone find.

Postalrevnant

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back