First Hunt with the Deteknix Quest Pro...

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro
Just got back after a 45 minute to an hour hunt with the Quest Pro. These are my finds. I did film this hunt but I am once again torn on if I should make a video of the hunt or not...It's kinda one of them manual type of things ya know....However the spot I found seems fruitful and I might return tomorrow with the V3i...
Photo Jan 21, 5 14 58 PM.jpg

Upvote 10
Keep at it , probably some goodies in there.

I for one would like to see the video. What do you mean "It's kinda one of them manual type of things ya know"?

I for one would like to see the video. What do you mean "It's kinda one of them manual type of things ya know"?
Meaning I don't know if I want to show or talk about some stuff, kinda like how I mentioned the misspellings in the manual (in my unboxing video).

Last edited:
Please give us the "real" scoop on this detector warts and all!
I wish BigWaveDave would get his already so I can have something to compare this to. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
How much is this detector going to be? $700!!! Not looking good so far. Kinda like the Obamacare rollout

How much is this detector going to be? $700!!! Not looking good so far. Kinda like the Obamacare rollout
Yes, and don't get me started on Obamacare lol...I met the deadline got confirmation of payment, money was deducted but yet there is no record of me getting my insurance and I am being bombarded with emails saying I'll have to pay fees...

Yes, and don't get me started on Obamacare lol...I met the deadline got confirmation of payment, money was deducted but yet there is no record of me getting my insurance and I am being bombarded with emails saying I'll have to pay fees...

careful !

Charter up Baby! Then we can talk politics ALL day! :headbang:

Charter up! A whole lot of us would like to hear this story :)

Charter up! A whole lot of us would like to hear this story :)
No Thanks, I'm not really into politics or discussing them. I was just stating the rough time I had enrolling in a new policy. I think it worked out though as I just got a confirmation email. Besides I would rather put that money into my own hosting bills.

Well to be on the nice side...I think I may have a defective unit :( I know if I post I will probably get a lot of haters jumping all over me saying I have my settings all wrong yada yada. I am still investigating this matter but remember on my unboxing when the disrimination mode was acting all out of whack. Well it pretty much does the same thing outdoors and is very hard to make stable. in discrim mode. However punching the control box helped a few times. Which leads me to believe it's something internal, but other times messing with the coil wire affects it too. I am not a noob (close but not completely) and I have not seen this kind of reaction on any other machine, I might dissect this machine. On another note I was up till 3am working on a field test/hunt video. I might make it private and get some opinions or I might go all out public. Opinions are appreciated. I wish BigWaveDave would get his already so I can have something to compare this to. Thanks guys.

Post what you got. Is it a detector review or a sales pitch? If it's a review of the detector and it's performance than show what you got. The Deteknix guy himself is on the forum. If he doesn't think the performance was adequate, he can send you another unit to test.

It is just a first hunt/field test. I do not do sales pitches. I am an individual with a production company. You can buy whatever machine you please and that is fine with me.

It is just a first hunt/field test. I do not do sales pitches. I am an individual with a production company. You can buy whatever machine you please and that is fine with me.

I understand that, maybe my post wasn't clear. I was trying to say, unless it's a sales pitch, then the detector is what it is and should be shown as such. You seemed hesitant to show it because you felt it was putting the detector in a bad light.

I have been following your vids for years, you produce some highly entertaining detecting videos!

I understand that, maybe my post wasn't clear. I was trying to say, unless it's a sales pitch, then the detector is what it is and should be shown as such. You seemed hesitant to show it because you felt it was putting the detector in a bad light.

I have been following your vids for years, you produce some highly entertaining detecting videos!

Thanks Jason! I put a lot of work into my videos and have a fun time making them. I get your point and it makes sense. I guess I'll render what I have. ;)

I will probably be posting updates to my website soon regarding field tests...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back