First hunt in 3 years produces!

Aug 6, 2024
Have just picked the hobby back up after a few years away and found a house site close by my place. Had a great first hunt, and it seems like the site is undug. I dug a ton of trash and have a feeling its mostly what I'll be digging for a while. Only got out for about an hour today because of the mosquitos, but came out with a 1911 Barber Quarter, Unknown Buffalo Nickel, and a really nice buckle. Would anybody be able to age the buckle? I do not know how old this home site is and it would be cool to use the buckle if it not modern to get an idea. This hunt was exactly what I needed for my return to keep me going. I'm addicted again lol

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7699.jpeg
    IMG_7699.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_7700.jpeg
    IMG_7700.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_7701.jpeg
    IMG_7701.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_7702.jpeg
    IMG_7702.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_7697.jpeg
    IMG_7697.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_7698.jpeg
    IMG_7698.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 31
Have just picked the hobby back up after a few years away and found a house site close by my place. Had a great first hunt, and it seems like the site is undug. I dug a ton of trash and have a feeling its mostly what I'll be digging for a while. Only got out for about an hour today because of the mosquitos, but came out with a 1911 Barber Quarter, Unknown Buffalo Nickel, and a really nice buckle. Would anybody be able to age the buckle? I do not know how old this home site is and it would be cool to use the buckle if it not modern to get an idea. This hunt was exactly what I needed for my return to keep me going. I'm addicted again lol

Thanks!
Welcome back and sweet barbie for sure, wtg

Congrats on the finds. Glad to hear you're back out swinging a coil! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks!
A Barber Quarter will get anyone hyped up to get back into the hobby , esp when Fall arrives .

I hope to get back to digging as I have only hunted 5-6 times since late 2019 .

I used to hunt 2 times a week .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back