First gold!

luciddream

Greenie
Jan 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I just started metal detecting 2 weeks ago...Got a little Garrett 250 and pro pointer. Live in South West Florida. Beaches usually yield lots of beer caps and foil...Mainly crap, I did some research and found a park that is very unpopular but is old that I was going to...Found a yellow textured bracelet with no marks on it. Looks gold colored but I think it's fake, a neklace charm that is yellow textured, no marks but has stones in it..Probably fake...But the big D swinging item I found was my first 14k necklace charm! No mistaking this one...Stamped 14k, very pretty, I would say about 150 dollars worth of gold. Will take picture soon. So my device is half way paid for already! I was so excited when I saw that shine.

CAM01588.jpeg

Here's the photo of the gold charm...

Last edited:
Upvote 20
Congrats on your first gold find! :occasion14:

CAM01588.jpeg

Here is a photo of the gold charm, I will upload the photos of the other -questionable- charms and bracelet later. Sure as hell was awesome finding it though. I almost couldn't believe my eyes that I actually found something with this thing. And only after 2 weeks after buying my ace!

Congrats! If you weren't hooked yet you definitely are now!

Great job, I'm still looking for my first gold.

The pattern on the charm is of a 'Claddah', usually seen on rings passed from mother to daughter at weddings. It is two hands holding a crowned heart.
Hands = friendship, Crown = loyalty, Heart = love. Nice item! Congratulations!

Congrats on your first GOLD!!! You have been digging a lot of trash, you have paid your dues!
Definitely check out your other pieces,you never know!
I found a bracelet I thought was fake, no clasp. Got a gold test kit a year later, turns out it's the real deal, you never know!

To those that haven't found that gold they seek, never give up it does happen!

The pattern on the charm is of a 'Claddah', usually seen on rings passed from mother to daughter at weddings. It is two hands holding a crowned heart.
Hands = friendship, Crown = loyalty, Heart = love. Nice item! Congratulations!

Wow man, hey thanks for the information. I've been like of looking at it trying to figure it out. Actually the other charm that I found was that of a crown, with stones in it...White clear stones. It looks a lot older and it's still gold colored and heavy, no marks on it though...I'm still at work, but I'll post the other stuff later...The gold-like bracelet is certain heavy like gold, but I suspect it is brass. But I definitely didn't think that I would be finding gold 2 weeks into hunting..I am definitely addicted. I live next to the beach and am thinking about upgrade to a mine lab excalibur II for in water hunting and getting scuba gear....All in time...It was my first day out with my new pro pointer when I found this stuff. To all the new guys out there, if you haven't already gotten one, do your self a huge favor, get a pro pointer...It brought my dig time down by like 200%...SOO much faster recovery time. The gold pendant was such an average signal too...Almost passed it up, the only reason I didn't was because it was pretty steady at pull tab/gold and usually the pull tabs bounce around a lot, it was certainly a strong signal though...Almost thought it was going to be a bottle cap / pull tab...When I saw that shine I about shatted myself.

Last edited:
Beautiful! That means there is hope for us after all! Great find.

yes ... you must have been psyched... still waiting for the breathless moment when I spot my first gold..

Congrats on the gold. But I'd go out and buy yourself a gold test kit so you can check out your other gold pieces. Sometimes both marked and unmarked pieces can surprise you.

Lucky you! My poor Ace 250 is sitting in the closet gathering dust until the ground thaws out sometime next month I hope. I have not found gold yet but found a real nice Black hills Silver ring and a few silver dimes plus 100+ dollars in clad all from last year..

Good find and good idea going to the park.

Congrats on your lovely golden charm! :notworthy: :cat: :hello2: Do get your other two gold-colored items tested either by kit or by a friendly jeweler because some older jewelry wasn't marked.
HAVE FUN! Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back