First gold today!

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was misty and overcast at about 12:30 this afternoon when I arrived at a county park that I have hunted a few times before with my AT Pro. There is an often dry creek that runs through the park and I spent my hunt running along the now dry holes and channels. I was determined but not optimistic as I dug pull tab after pull tab and very much lead. Ive never dug lead that small, thank goodness for the pinpointer. After about 45 minutes I decided to head onto an "island" in the middle of the creek and hunt amidst the bushes and boulders there. I ran my coil over the right spot and found the small earing marked 10k. I still can't believe it. I hope it's not plated.

The wheatie is for size reference.

e58cb6deac6c74724b46a7cf4012a42e.jpg

13c1f5fbbd146accd36a9a3c20cf3c05.jpg

I was so exited I broke off the stem as I spit cleaned it it the feild. After that I went home. [emoji6]

Here is some of the junk, clad, lead, and sundries. Three keys. I always feel for those people.
614afcc8ab237e7dd30b7f79b78899d9.jpg

I'm really loving this hobby. I just found my first silver about a month ago (two rosies and a merc). I also have permission at an 1800s farmhouse site where I've found what I think may be an early 20th century Army medal (I need to post it in the what is it forum). Also a oil lamp part, old makeup tin and some other cool stuff.

I've really enjoyed reading all the amazing posts here, very inspiring stuff. I just feel very lucky having dug gold (if it is was it says it is) so early in my "career." I guess I'll just keep digging the medium tones. Thanks for looking and good luck to you.

Upvote 8
If it was plated pretty sure it would have more markings, I believe you are" Golden".

Congrats!! Still waiting for mine, but I'm hoping to get back to my elementary school to see if I can find a gold earring I lost at the playground as a kid. And I'm with you... Any time I find something that isn't clad, I'm stoked. So far I've got one wheat, and that made my day.

:2barsgold::gold-watch: glad you found gold, i can't wait for spring so i can go hunting... snowed here last night (missouri)

Great catch on the 10k, something that can put a smile on your face for the rest of the day!!

Congratulations on your 1st gold!!

Nice stuff, if it was plated, usually you can see tell tale signs of it. Either green somewhere on it or spots where the plating has started flaking off or bubbling up. There is usually a mark GF or GP, something along those lines. Looks like you struck it rich! Gold fever now!

Congratulations on your first golden ticket! :occasion14:

That's gold...fakes are marked 14k and higher...congrats on your first gold...gold fever will get you know and that's a good thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back