First gold ring and found the owner :)

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
I've been metal detecting for quite a while now and never found anything gold. I've slowed down in the detecting a bit since I enlisted into the army. I recently bought a house so I started digging the yard and second hole boom I couldn't believe it 14k Camelot wedding band. My wife has the old owners number so she gave them a call. Turns out he lost it seven years ago shortly after he was married. I guess he got his ass chewed pretty bad :). So I got his address and will be mailing it out this weekend. Sometimes it not about keeping things we find its the thrill about the story.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 138
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    804 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 8
Congrats and great job! Karma will come around 10 fold someday Nick!

That's awesome! Good job!
I agree with the good karma comment.

Thats great wtg.Iam sure you made someone very happy.You are to be commended for that.

***HONORABLE MENTION***
Well done Nick! :thumbsup:

Outstanding find ! and even more outstanding return !!! I agree with others that your generosity will be returned in spades , I would say
that the greatest reward is experiencing the joy of the owner receiving the lost ring .

Thanks to all of you! Sadly more times than not people do get greedy. I've always told myself I wanted to give something back to a owner now is my time. When I send it out ill be sure to take some pics! The owner was already trying to give me something in return but politely declined. Remember everyone always do good things because next time it will be bigger and better than the last!

Thanks to all of you! Sadly more times than not people do get greedy. I've always told myself I wanted to give something back to a owner now is my time. When I send it out ill be sure to take some pics! The owner was already trying to give me something in return but politely declined. Remember everyone always do good things because next time it will be bigger and better than the last!

Well said Nick. I've been lucky enough to find and return five gold wedding rings and one watch so far and it's a great feeling. I still have never found a class ring though in all my eight years detecting. :dontknow:
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back