Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Saturday I got out to two schools. At the first tot lot I discovered it did not have a weed barrier. So I was able to dig the deep signals. I had four hits that were 8-12 inches deep. Lots of heavy digging is set, heavy clay. Came up with three pieces of junk and an item that looks like a lid with a loop set in in it. It sorta looks like a taper holder. Gotta let it the clay stuck to it to dry before cleaning it.

The real treasure of that hunt was a nice ole farmer I met. The school had a pond near the tot lot. Of course the pond was fenced off. About a half hour in a man came through the gate and he was carrying fishing gear. I asked if he had any luck. "No, too cold." A few minutes later he asked me if I'd every found anything valuable with my MD. I said I had but didn't go into detail. He then told me how he and his son had been splitting wood when his son lost his Wedding Ring. Of course they searched for it and could not find it. Sometime later the Farmer's Wife bought him a MD. About ten minutes of searching the wood pile he found the ring.

But that was not the first time the ring had been lost. On his Honeymoon the son lost the ring in the surf. The next day his wife was in the same area and stepped on the ring. That's one lucky ring.

Second Hunt on Saturday I shared the tot lot with a family having an Easter Egg Hunt.

Today though I found the coolest items ever. No, not valuable at all. Well let me show you.

Easter Eggs.jpg

Yes, I detected them. They had foil wrapped chocolates inside. I've got another dozen eggs that were only partially buried and I spotted them beneath the wood chips. And no this was not the same tot lot mentioned above.

The best part of the weekend--it was the first weekend this year I was able to detect both days. :hello2::hello2::hello2:

Upvote 0
Love the eggs! The Easter Bunny was good to us today, too...he "left" us $7.07 in clad! :happysmiley:

Anita

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back