First finds with Vaquero

tnTesoro

Jun 24, 2013
Mt. Juliet, TN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0028.JPGGot permission on some farm land. About 150acres total. There were two Civil War skirmishes within a mile of the property. There is an old house on one of the parcels. Hunted it hard and didn't find a single coin. The owner told me the place had been hunted hard before but it has been about 11 years since anyone has tried it. Out in the pasture I had better luck. That's where I found these relics. The stirrup is my favorite. These are my first finds with the Vaquero. Not sure what some of the items are. Any ideas?
relics727.JPGstirrup.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Congrats on the stirrup and the new Vaquero. I too am a Tesoro fan. Hunted for years with the Silver Umax, and now use the Vaquero. Great detectors.
-MM-

Congrats on the stirrup and the new Vaquero. I too am a Tesoro fan. Hunted for years with the Silver Umax, and now use the Vaquero. Great detectors.
-MM-

Thanks! I'm still learning the Vaquero. Its a lot harder for me to pinpoint with than my Compadre. But it goes deep and I like that!

I hear ya. It took me a few trips out to figure it out too. Once I got the Vaquero I went back over some of the same areas I had hit with the Silver Umax. I was surprised by what I had missed. I guess the ground balance must have really helped because I dug up CW bullets and my oldest coin (1775 Spanish) in the areas I had hit over and over.
Keep at it and good luck to you.
-MM-

Wow! Great finds - Congrats!!! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back