Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well.....I was skeptical of doing the new Deus software update.....we all know how software updates usually go....something crashes....they suck...you lose features you like etc etc etc so I've been holding out on doing the update but after hearing a good friend's success with it and watching plenty of vids I loaded up the new v4 software and hit my yard for 40 minutes......

....a little history on my back yard......its so pounded that if I find a piece of foil or an aluminum siding nail I call that a good find. House was built in 1901 and is across the street from the old railroad tracks and train depot in my town which was laid down in the 1860s. I have found coins & relics dating back to that time period. The yard is a solid bed of nails, coal slag and hotrocks.....oh did I mention hunted to within an inch of its life....10 years worth of detecting in a 50x150 yard will clean it out.

With that all being said, I do use my yard as a test bed when I get a new machine or tweak settings on the Deus and if I get any non-ferrous target then I consider the test a success. Well, I tried the new Hot program and had 4 good keepers and about 10-12 pieces of non ferrous trash, foil, bits of brass & lead and a couple of those aluminum siding nails I mentioned above in 40 minutes before my back said enough......tweaked it bad a couple days ago...getting old sucks.

Here's some proof that v4 works as it should.....lol. Nothing earth shattering in the grand scheme of things but for my yard its monumental. Now I'm thinking of all the other places that I gave up on as being hunted out.....might still be holding a few targets. Cmon back.....get better.......

IMAG5296.jpg

Thanks for looking and sorry about rambling on but I'm truly impressed by this and I ain't easy to impress

Last edited:
Upvote 7
I think similar to you & have not upgraded yet. I have mine at custom;
notch 00-00
disc 00
sens 95
freq 11.6
iron vol 0
react 02
audio res 05

Using the above, could you explain how V.4 will help & whats the Hot Program settings?

I have been waiting also, hoping they would get the bugs worked out 1st. looks like you are happy with it

Hey Crusader.....I don't know 100% what XP improved upon but I do know that they added a new reactivity setting of 2.5 which seems to help, they also improved the ground balance functions, and messed around with discrimination. I only have 40 minutes on it so far and really can't say if it will be better or worse than before, all I can say is that I found stuff in my yard that's a miracle lol. My buddies were out a week a go and one friend was on 4.0 and my other friend was on 3.2, other than that they were both in Deus Fast program, 12khz, full tones.....that's pretty much how we all hunt around here, it works for our soil conditions. The dude on 4.0 was hitting targets and the dude on 3.2 was checking them and not hitting them so there might something to this 4.0....but again, I don't really know. Gonna try and get out tomorrow for a bit and see what happens.......

As far as the Hot program......the verdict is still out, didn't seem too deep and this negative discrimination will take some getting used to but it worked well in the iron but needs much more time to say for sure....

Hey Dirtlooter......time will tell....I was very comfortable with the old version and had complete confidence in the machine....don't have enough time on the new vers yet, but was definitely happy for a short trial run. Gonna try it tomorrow for a real hunt and see what happens.....

Thanks Trapperart....appreciate it bud

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back