First Find

You did find some "wonderful treasures" Mpm. Keep looking !
Google your detector. I bet you can find out how to operate it.
~Kansas~

welcome ;D congrats on your first finds - i always look for mders at yard sales - what kind did u get ??? lbp (by the way it only gets better)

it is a Micronta Discovery 2 from radio shack... I paid 30 for it I think I got railroaded.. LOL...

This was what I found on Google. Its a old post on this Treasurenet forum. Not much info, but it might help you a little. Have fun !
~Kansas~

In Reply to: Re: Is my detector worthless or is it me?
posted by Jack in Ca on October 31, 1999 at 18:48:39

The Micronta Discovery series are Bounty Hunter made machines , unlike the new Micronta machines. Radio Shack dropped the "Micronta" moniker from the Discovery series several years ago to differentiate between the BH made detectors and the "other" machines they sell. Lori, we all dig junk once in awhile regardless of which detector we use. Rusty nails can be tough because they'll read as silver sometimes. One mistake that alot of folks new to the hobby make is to swing their coil over a target in one direction , and dig based on that. If you swing the coil over the target in 2-4 directions and get varying tones or target readings, the item is probably trash. If the tone and or meter reading stay fairly consistent , DIG away ! Also, takes Jacks advice when looking to "upgrade" your detector ( but add Bounty Hunter to your list of possible choices :-)). I use a Whites XLT, Tesoro Silver Sabre II , Shadow X2 , BH QDII and a Discovery 3000 and each of these detectors has its strong and weak points. Best of luck to you .

Welcome to the hobby craftymom,You will find that you find more trash then not.Thats part of it.Best of luck and look forward to your first good digs.HH

Mom, How can you put a price on quality time with your child ;). You should be able to find some $ at your local playground or school. Wood chips/multch usualy= $$$$$$. Good luck, treasure awaits. That's a nice pic of you too :o

Ace villav

The more you post and read information here and the more you learn your machine you will start digging better treasures.

Don't ever give up and HH!! (Happy Hunting)

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 231
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 229
I like playgrounds with wood chips there easy for money. the money can be found in a couple of handful of chips.

I live in Rollinsford. I was searching in my back yard.... the house I live in was from the 1800's.... the town I live in is really old...
so I should be able to find something

Hi craftymom. Just keep going with it and don't give up. It takes a while before you know what you are doing. In the meantime, dig every signal until you know what they sound like. Soon you will be a pro.. Good luck...Lance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back