First Day Hunting With New XP Deus II

fonfixer

Feb 18, 2008
blanchard, la
Detector(s) used
dfx
I recently got an XP Deus II and today was my first real day of hunting. I'm at a private campground in N. Cali and it's about useless detecting here, nothing but clad coins, bottle tops, and pull tabs. You at least learn what not to dig. I went down to a swimming hole walking distance from here, found a couple clad quarters and several dimes. One thing for sure is there isn't a lot of trash there. Either it all gets swept away by the river or people pack it out with them. The path to the swimming hole is rocky so I figured if something is dropped it falls in between the rocks and isn't noticed. Well that theory paid off! Found my first silver ring with a detector! I found a mans silver wedding ring. I've found rings before but they have always been costume jewelry. There are plenty of swimming holes along this river so I plan to visit each one before I leave here.

The gold wedding ring in the pic is mine. It was bought 33 years ago, not found. My wife has the matching ring.

Attachments

• IMG_2855.jpg
    IMG_2855.jpg
    934.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 13
I recently got an XP Deus II and today was my first real day of hunting. I'm at a private campground in N. Cali and it's about useless detecting here, nothing but clad coins, bottle tops, and pull tabs. You at least learn what not to dig. I went down to a swimming hole walking distance from here, found a couple clad quarters and several dimes. One thing for sure is there isn't a lot of trash there. Either it all gets swept away by the river or people pack it out with them. The path to the swimming hole is rocky so I figured if something is dropped it falls in between the rocks and isn't noticed. Well that theory paid off! Found my first silver ring with a detector! I found a mans silver wedding ring. I've found rings before but they have always been costume jewelry. There are plenty of swimming holes along this river so I plan to visit each one before I leave here.

The gold wedding ring in the pic is mine. It was bought 33 years ago, not found. My wife has the matching ring.
Deus2 has made a big difference in my volume of finds. I try not to dig dimes. pennies, and quarters at beaches and in the water. I usually set up for foil, nickels, and other low conductor targets. It's really good on gold!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back