Feb 17, 2013
Warren County, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter - Lone Star
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my first coin today! I'm new to MD, and I wanted to get in some practice time with the Bounty Hunty Lone Star my wife got me for Christmas. I visited a lake that I used to live near & I thought since it was a cold and windy day, nobody would bother to tell me to leave. I had spent the first 45 minutes digging old pull tabs and beer bottle caps. I do have to give the Lone Star credit, it was finding them anywhere from 8 to 10 inches deep.

Like I said, it was cold & windy and after about 45 minutes I was ready to call it a day. I had gotten some experience with the machine, learning the different tones etc. and I was happy with that. But I thought, 5 more minutes...then a got a very nice tone, dug the plug and there among the grass roots was a 1993 quarter. It was black with oxidation and covered with mud...but it was my first coin, and I couldn't be happier!!

Upvote 6
Congratulations on finding your first Coin, Erick! The first one you rarely forget. Thanks for sharing this special moment with us!

Found mine the day i got my first detector...it didnt even have Discrimination and it was pure beginners luck finding a small 1 Reichspfennig Coin in the Forrest behind my house. Still have it in my collection.

I found my first coin today! I'm new to MD, and I wanted to get in some practice time with the Bounty Hunty Lone Star my wife got me for Christmas. I visited a lake that I used to live near & I thought since it was a cold and windy day, nobody would bother to tell me to leave. I had spent the first 45 minutes digging old pull tabs and beer bottle caps. I do have to give the Lone Star credit, it was finding them anywhere from 8 to 10 inches deep.

Like I said, it was cold & windy and after about 45 minutes I was ready to call it a day. I had gotten some experience with the machine, learning the different tones etc. and I was happy with that. But I thought, 5 more minutes...then a got a very nice tone, dug the plug and there among the grass roots was a 1993 quarter. It was black with oxidation and covered with mud...but it was my first coin, and I couldn't be happier!!
Congrats on your 1st.......Many more to come Im sure!

Welcome to t-net! Great finding your first quarter the first day out! You're gonna enjoy finding varied surprises each time you detect! :hello: Andi

Congrats on your first find! Welcome to the addiction.

Welcome. You are now officially "hooked." Enjoy the hobby!

You will soon learn "another five minutes" Will be a phrase you will use over and over and over.....

Welcome and congrats!

Congrats on your first find! And there will be many more I'm sure of it. Get out there and dig and Happy hunting!

Congrats to you:hello2: the first is always exciting:icon_thumright:

Congrats on your first coin!!

HH John

GOOD JOB ,You gotta start some where

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement!! I think I might be hooked! Erick

Way to go on you're first find.yeah I'd say your probably hooked now.good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back