Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally got around to trying the notorious Tekkna program on the part of my permission that I've already hammered a dozen or so times with different programs/settings. Know what I found? All the rusty nails I passed on before! 😡 I'll try it a couple more times, but if it doesn't find something I've missed before, I can't see the advantage. The EMI was much worse in areas where it wasn't even an issue before.

The ONLY thing I found (aside from rusty nails) was my first "bullet", and I may have just ignored the signal before due to its TID in the mid 20s. IDK anything about old projectiles; I'm assuming this is a musket ball (as opposed to shot) as I found it alone, it's 3/8" diameter, and somewhat irregular.

On the way home, Missus found another slot machine token in the car--this makes eleven!

1724348358615.jpeg

Upvote 11
I finally got around to trying the notorious Tekkna program on the part of my permission that I've already hammered a dozen or so times with different programs/settings. Know what I found? All the rusty nails I passed on before! 😡 I'll try it a couple more times, but if it doesn't find something I've missed before, I can't see the advantage. The EMI was much worse in areas where it wasn't even an issue before.

The ONLY thing I found (aside from rusty nails) was my first "bullet", and I may have just ignored the signal before due to its TID in the mid 20s. IDK anything about old projectiles; I'm assuming this is a musket ball (as opposed to shot) as I found it alone, it's 3/8" diameter, and somewhat irregular.

On the way home, Missus found another slot machine token in the car--this makes eleven!

View attachment 2165083
Were the nails round or square?

View attachment 2165083
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

The ones I dug were round.
The ones I didn't were square.
:icon_scratch:
I get confused easily with what you stated.
Query: How do you know the nails not dug were square?

Yes the round nails for what reasons are a tad PITA.
They ring up high, solid #, and have different numbers depending on the size.
Yet after you use the program you'll be able to hear the iron tone, drop of #, and if you use the X/Y setting it will clarify it's iron.

Though it's just part of the learning experience.

Were the nails round or square?
The ones I dug were round.
The ones I didn't were square.
:icon_scratch:
I get confused easily with what you stated.
Query: How do you know the nails not dug were square?
🤣 Sorry, I was being facetious. How the heck would I know the shape of something I didn't dig? 😁

Yes, I noticed differences in the tones--particularly iron--but every non-iron tone I dug (except the musket ball) were nails. Square, round, long, tiny, a few screws...

Still looking for all the stuff I purportedly missed.

🤣 Sorry, I was being facetious. How the heck would I know the shape of something I didn't dig? 😁
Well I thought you had one of those special abilities that some have using some super duper powers, :laughing7::notworthy:
Yes, I noticed differences in the tones--particularly iron--but every non-iron tone I dug (except the musket ball) were nails. Square, round, long, tiny, a few screws...

Still looking for all the stuff I purportedly missed.
So this is where you need to listen to that iron noise on the end of the high tone.
Now depth and concentration of iron around a non ferrous target will be difficult.

See the coin on edge (yesterday's hunt) everything is over 8" to 14" heavy clay.
I had the high 82 but also the iron sound on either side of high tone(HT).
Coil sweep of the HT was narrowed down to 1" or so, just a wiggle.

If you look at the plug there's bits of rust in the clay also. (nails and bits of nails)
This site has produced over 30 LCs, military, buttons, silvers.
The last 4 trips produced zero recoveries.

The Tekkna program with 3 reactivity produced zero recoveries.
Yet the Tekkna program with zero reactivity and no headphones produced 2 Half Penny Tokens and a ? target.
20240823_170739.jpg

Well I thought you had one of those special abilities that some have using some super duper powers, :laughing7::notworthy:
Now I'm not saying I'm Magneto, but I will say that Magneto and I have never been seen together. 😁

1724506189801.png

If I did have such powers, what would I need a MD for, and why would I hang around here? 🤨

So this is where you need to listen to that iron noise on the end of the high tone.
Now depth and concentration of iron around a non ferrous target will be difficult.
You've lost me already.

See the coin on edge (yesterday's hunt) everything is over 8" to 14" heavy clay.
I had the high 82 but also the iron sound on either side of high tone(HT).
Coil sweep of the HT was narrowed down to 1" or so, just a wiggle.
Yes, and almost every time it turned out to be more rusty nails.

The Tekkna program with 3 reactivity produced zero recoveries.
Yet the Tekkna program with zero reactivity and no headphones produced 2 Half Penny Tokens and a ? target.
Now hold da phone.... Aren't you the same pepperj that swears by using headphones to better discern those tones?

And after proselytizing Tekkna for so long, now you're saying to change the parameters?

Now I'm not saying I'm Magneto, but I will say that Magneto and I have never been seen together. 😁

View attachment 2165386
If I did have such powers, what would I need a MD for, and why would I hang around here? 🤨

You've lost me already.

Yes, and almost every time it turned out to be more rusty nails.

Now hold da phone.... Aren't you the same pepperj that swears by using headphones to better discern those tones?

And after proselytizing Tekkna for so long, now you're saying to change the parameters?
Should be cutting grass, but I'll cut this short.
I should do a post in Today's finds.
But I'm lazy and just post up in the random chat with a recovery.
Forgot gloves, headphones went dead, first time in over 40 yrs I gave not had headphones.
Anybody that doesn't use headphones detecting is only missing targets, sounds, or digging unnecessary targets.

Have you watched Gary Blackwell's video.
It demonstrates the iron sound off the edge of the high tones.
The ear is your friend here if you hear it.

Yes zero Reactivity really increases the depth.
"If" the soils can permit the lower setting.

For example on this field, the flattened tire tracks from the golf carts, the VDI was a continued 25-32 but cut out when going over a target.
It was a threshold so to speak.
In the grass that was on the edges and in the center it cut off.

20240823_161128.jpg

OK... It's been another week of hitting my permission with Tekkna, alternating Reactivity 0-3 as suggested.

Here's what I have to show for it...
1725278291427.jpeg

A pile (over a pound) of rusty nails and other assorted TRASH, and the .38 (0.375") musket ball I mentioned above.

The only other "keeper" was another lead ball--probably shot due to its smaller size.
1725278769962.jpeg

Conclusion:
I'm sorry, but I can't say I'm all that impressed (not that my expectations were all that high) with Tekkna. 😒 More like disillusioned considering all the hype. 😞 Maybe it's just the kind of thing to try when all other lights go out programs fail(?)
1725279667722.jpeg
However, I'll still be curious/interested in other user-originated programs. In time, I expect to try my own hand at it--maybe with....
1725279845395.jpeg
🤔

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back