First Big(ger) Silvers of 2020

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey folks!

I got back late last night from a work trip to San Francisco. I didn’t bring my detector on the trip (staying downtown, working all day, no car) so I was itching to get out.

I got really fortunate today! I’m used to finding tons of wheats on my outings. I didn’t find too many today but I did pull in 3 silvers. 2 quarters and a silver earring. Awesome.

1B214129-07FD-4431-999B-FC98862F1E13.jpg
2AC84FD1-5F23-4580-BA42-41DBFC65A4DD.jpg

Here’s the tally:
-2 Silver GWs (48-S, 53-D)
-925 Earring
-3 Wheats

Thanks for looking and good luck in the hunt!
-W

Upvote 33
Washingtonian, those silver GW’s are soooo much fun to find, they sound so good! Your silver to wheat ratio is 1:1... it sure would be nice if all your hunts were like that! Congrats on a stellar day, Ddf.

Killer. Don't you just love silver quarters in the dirt?

Nice score! :occasion14:

Hey Wash.... nothing like a couple silver quarters, way to go Basss

Thank you Bass! That's true. I kept getting my hopes up yesterday thinking one would be an SLQ. Didn't luck out this time but dang, I will take a silver quarter any day. 1864, 1964, don't matter to me!

Nice shinies! Congrats

Thank you! I wish all days were like this haha. My luck is finally starting to get rolling. Had a slow start to the year.

Washingtonian, those silver GW’s are soooo much fun to find, they sound so good! Your silver to wheat ratio is 1:1... it sure would be nice if all your hunts were like that! Congrats on a stellar day, Ddf.

Yeah! Haha. Prior to yesterday I found 56 wheats and 2 silver coins on the year. Now I'm at 59 to 4. Definitely a better ratio. I usually hover around 5-6 wheats per silver by the end of the year so I guess my silver coin is due to keep climbing! :)

Awesome! Congrats

Thank you!

Killer. Don't you just love silver quarters in the dirt?

Oh yeah. They are so great. The second one I saw the impression in my plug and was like "Cool, at least I get $0.25 out of this hole. Look down and see a silver quarter at the bottom. I was shocked and very happily surprised!

Nice score! :occasion14:

Thank you!

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Thanks Randy!

Hey folks!

I got back late last night from a work trip to San Francisco. I didn’t bring my detector on the trip (staying downtown, working all day, no car) so I was itching to get out.

I got really fortunate today! I’m used to finding tons of wheats on my outings. I didn’t find too many today but I did pull in 3 silvers. 2 quarters and a silver earring. Awesome.

View attachment 1796854
View attachment 1796855

Here’s the tally:
-2 Silver GWs (48-S, 53-D)
-925 Earring
-3 Wheats

Thanks for looking and good luck in the hunt!
-W

Heck Yea WTG!!!

Boom there they are already rippin em out . Keep em coming my friend I got out for a few one wheat and two memorial pennies wooo hooo. Soon Ill be posting some of those biggins. Good job Tommy

Very nice finds, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back