fine gold in every handfull

ky gold

Greenie
Jun 25, 2010
ky
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac, tesoro tejon, garret infinium ls
I have a spot on my families property that has four or five specs of fine gold in every handfull of material. I have only test panned so far due to lack of equipment. What im wondering is does four or five specs of gold in every handfull 20 feet wide 150 feet long and 12 inches deep sound like a lot of gold or will spending the money for a mobile placer unit be a loss?

How about I come up there with my 4-inch dredge this summer and we find out? :headbang:

Setting up for fine gold doesn't have to be expensive, and if your finding that with every handfull (depending on how big your hands are) it would probably pay off to work it with a bit more than a pan.
How much more would depend on the amount of Au to the ton or yard of material.
Depending on where you are I may consider assisting in such endeavor.

if it was me , my little desert fox would be runnin allot :thumbsup:

ky gold said:
I have a spot on my families property that has four or five specs of fine gold in every handfull of material. I have only test panned so far due to lack of equipment. What im wondering is does four or five specs of gold in every handfull 20 feet wide 150 feet long and 12 inches deep sound like a lot of gold or will spending the money for a mobile placer unit be a loss?
i wish i had this kind of problem!!! what is the makeup of your creek materials? sandy or rocky? you have a limited amount of creek to work and its only 12 inchs deep. you need a dredge to suck up the material from bedrock but most dredges wont save most of the fine gold and im assuming thats what your looking at. there could be some suprises in all of that material, but you need to get down to the bedrock and when youve opened it up crack open some of that bedrock to find the hidden peices in the cracks. does your creek meander back and forth through your property? if so you need to look for the better places gold will get trapped, but since its only 20 foot wide and 150 foot long, id want to suck up the enteir creek. you wont even need air on the dredge todo this! but youll never know untill you try it! also, what does the rest of your family think of you wanting to work this creek for its trerasure? 1 disgruntaled family member could rain on your parade!

Sorry it took so long to get back with you guys, i havent had computer access for a while. The part of the creek with the gold is a glacial deposit, I havent had time to get back out there yet due to work but after april 30 i am off for six months so i plan to hit it hard. I have been working on building a hibanker for when i get to go out again. Thanks for your imput!

Any gold is good gold in my book. Sure I would rather be finding the chunky stuff, but gold is gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back