Finds Program

B

Bill W.

I was wondering if there is an interest in a extensive finds based program? I have looked at i-detect but the difference would be my program would be free...? I am definitely going to write the program for my own use anyways. But, if I can put in a few things that other people might like to see it probably is not going to mean a whole lot more in time or coding. The program will be database driven. For those of you familiar with SQL ... you will be able to use SQL to make your query or use my built in SQL querys which can make it pretty customizable to find your results. More on SQL is at http://www.sql.org/ for those of you unfamiliar with what I am talking about. My broad question is, is there anything you would like to see in the program? A list of some of the fields in the database would be....

Site
Date
Links to documents pertaining to the coin and/or site
Detector
Coil
Detector Settings
Depth
GPS info
Images
Comments
Coins (clad at this point I am only look at including denomination and quantity... not year)
Face value
Market value
Soil conditions

I have written alot of programs over the years for various purposes and have sold programs to just about every bigger country in the world. Bulletin Board Systems, Online Servers, Email Server additions, and automation programs are some of the area I have written programs for. The last program I wrote is to control Meade LX200 telescopes. That program has an extensive database written into my program for easier reference and control of the telescope. If you have any suggestions public or private comments are welcome. This is a hobby project and as time allows I will write it. I know many of you are White's users and have a version of i-detect that came with your detector or so I have heard.

-Bill

Upvote 0
Sounds (reads) terrific!
Many thanks to you.
Hope you go for it and post results.

I would definately be interested in your program. I have been looking for a good free one for metal detecting finds. I can be a beta tester for you if you like. 8) Hope to hear more info from you regarding this.

Loren Farrar
founder http://www.easystopgiftshop.com

Bill, I, too, would be interested in your program! Would sure make it easier to keep track of the "when's & what's" of the finds.....maybe also include a place to list junque found, too!

Great idea! HH.....barb

Say Bill, how about a place for disposition. Not that I've found much to-date, but keep hoping. Some people find items and return them to the owner, Some let the significant other have first pick of the jewelry. Some presented to museums for show. Anyway you get the idea. Would be neat to know after ten years where all those things went to.

Great idea Bill. Again thanks for asking and considering our inputs. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back