Finds from Myrtle Beach

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
I just came home from a short trip to Myrtle Beach.
I would first like to think XxX for showing me around.
It was fun to have someone to hunt with that knows
the area. The first picture is of jewelry and other goodies.
The second is a close up of two gold items. The third
picture is of several bullets off of the beach one still has
shells and sand attached to it. I have to again thank XxX
for putting me on the spot to find these. I used a bigfoot
coil and yesterday I finally got the XLT dialed in to where I
was finding more. I covered alot of ground as there was not
many signals at all. The beach at myrtle gets hunted alot.
Hope to get down there when it warms up and there are
some more goodies lost.

Attachments

• Img_0521.jpg
    Img_0521.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 550
  • Img_0526.jpg
    Img_0526.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 543
  • Img_0528.jpg
    Img_0528.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 548
Upvote 0
WAY TO GO!!!

I'm Jealous...no beaches here.

Larry

Good job!? All I came back with from my trip down there a couple of months ago was 46 cents in clad? :'(

Nice finds. I have'nt been back to Myrtle for a few months. We just had twins, so my hunting has slowed a bit. Good luck and HH! Chris

Great looking finds XLT. I really enjoyed meeting you and hunting with you.
Your a great hunter.
I was planning a trip to Fayetteville this weekend, but Zeuss69 sidetracked me and I'm going to Statesville to do some prospecting with him. I'll probably hit that Fayetteville site Monday or Tuesday, depending on how we do with the gold. ;D
I love this vacation stuff. I may never go back to work!
xXx

Thanks XxX I went down to the area in front of the Coral Reef
Friday and played with the settings and that bigfoot coil until I
found a program that was working better for depth.
I hope to be back down to hit the beach in March or April.
Thanks again.

just wondering did the shells and bullets come from south of Surfside Beach ?
Thats normally where I have found those types of bullets.. and a lot of fragmented casings, just like you .

TERRERO
They came from the south end of north Myrtle. T here are condos and huge motels near by so I have to imagine they have been there a long time. There were some dozer's moving alot of sand around so I would say they were fairly deep.

Hey Swinging, the Myrtle Beach area has something that not mtany other beaches have. They dredge to rebuild the beaches on a reagular basis, so many of the shells found are from that. I have hunted right behind the tractors moving sand finding just about anything immaginable. Good luck and HH! Chris

Southern Gent, It seems like in the winter if you are not hunting where they have moved
some sand around you are not finding much. I do not know if this is because everything sinks
or it is just detected heavy.

Myrtle Beach will see more than 500 detectors in season. So it is heavily hunted. The best news about the dredging is the base that is left for the sand in most spots. Remember as you dug that at 10-18" you always hit shells and coral. That keeps the goodies from sinking! Good for the regular hunter, for sure. I have hunted from sunset beach NC to tybee Island GA. Myrtle is by far the most hunted because it has the most treasure to give up. People consistently make recoveries. That does keep us from finding alot at once but xXx will surely tell you, if you stick with it there are some goodies left. Many hunters use detectors at Myrtle that just won't cut it, or they do not have the time to learn the conditions. The trained hunter at Myrtle can usually find what the others have surely missed. My old friend Billy says "my detector has'nt been over it so I know there's something there."
Keep at it , you'll hit on something that will choke you up. Good luck and HH! Chris

Well, I've hunted Myrtle Beach many many times, and many other beaches as well.
I have to tell you all my opinion of beach hunting...
20 or 30 years ago, you might have fount tons of stuff anywhere on Myrtle beach you might
hunt, but with that said, when I step foot on the beach and look one way and then the
other and see nothing but tourist hotels as far as the eye can see...
I know that no mater how many people hunt this place there will aways be more.
The trick of course is that Beaches seem to produce in good quantity only at specific times
and certain places. So what I do is I go out on the beach at a predetermined
location and detect there for about an hour, if the picking are slim...
I pick up and drive to another beach, I have maybe 5-6 different beaches
picked out to scope out in hopes to hit a "Hot spot" many times I've come
up empty handed, but there has been 4-5 times in the past 3-4 years when I
found a "wash" this way where there seems to be large quantitys of coins in one small area
and almost without exception these have yeilded 1-2 gold rings with some silver
rings as well. I hunt mostly at night with the cool fresh air and no one to bother me
and blasting sun to burn my body.
But my experiance with beaches has been that you have to get lucky and
find a good wash, or you may be walking many long and lonely hours with not much to show.

Thanks for the reply guys. I am still learning allot about beach hunting and hope to get back to Myrtle soon. I just purchased a Tesoro Stingray II and hope to give it a try in the surf this summer.

great digs cant wait for winter to get over H H!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back