Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all-

I have been hunting quite a bit but not posting much lately..... Thought I'd show my finds from the latest DIV. I was blessed to find my first bottle after following a barrel band into a pit... Unfortunately there wasn't much else in the pit, which leads me to believe that it was dug in the past, and this bottle was missed.

I didn't dig as much brass as last year, so I made a change to the GPX on day 3.... That fixed my brass problem as I dug five eagle buttons in the next couple of hours.

Coming into the hunt I was hoping for a plate and a confederate button.... Since I didn't get them that gives me a goal for next time. :)

It was a great hunt! I got to hunt with Steve in PA and TomPA, they are great to hunt with!

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 151
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    889.9 KB · Views: 190
Upvote 5
Neat bottle... Bottles are so rare to find intact most are not worth much but needless to say they are rare! good job buddy!

Amazing job, great saves!!!!

769404d1364783652-finds-div-xiii-glass-lots-lead-image.jpg

Hello M1P,

That is a wonderful recovery, sir!

Not only rare, but with that color and history, likely worth a nice sum, as well.

Is it Choice Old Cabinet, or Choice Old Monongahela? There was another celebrated John Gibson's & Sons whiskey dug at the DIV in 2009, I believe.

l2473.jpg
JOHN GIBSON'S SON & CO., Philadelphia, PA. (1837-1926)

Keith, you scored big with that bottle! Had fun hunting with you too. Hope to do it again soon.

Thanks guys! I always wanted to dig one out of a hut or pit, so this was the highlight of my hunt! The bottle is marked "burbon whiskey" on the third side.

I found this while searching for info about the bottle... An interesting read about the company.

http://www.fohbc.org/PDF_Files/JohnGibsonSonsandCo.pdf

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,023.3 KB · Views: 93

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back